We are not allowed SBR ( or SBS ) in WA state but..are allowed AOW's kinda like our laws dealing with suppressors, we can buy and own one..just can't use it! Now you know when this has anything to do with the Gov. - its not a joke.

Anyone know of a Saiga 12 8" or so pistol's being converted?

Your gonna get half a dozen people on here tell you it can't be done, and I'll admit it is a pain in the paperwork dept. , but if you really want a S-12 AOW it can be done. I've plans to do a .410 as the 12 ga is gonna be a handful.........PM me or Bvamp.........when you know excatly what you want..........VK........... :smoke:

Someone would have to correct me if im wrong, but my understanding of an AOW, as far as it concerns shotguns, is that you Cannot convert a shotgun with a full stock into an AOW, and that the gun must come from the manufaturer with a pistol grip This is why you can find Mossberg persuader and the occasional 870 AOW, and not a whole lot else in the realm of pump shotguns with that beloved 5$ tax stamp, they both come from the factory with a pistol grip and no butstock.

That being said, and i could be wrong here, but think you could demill a Saiga12 and build it on a new receiver, thereby becoming the new manufacturer, and make it in any configuration you like, including an AOW, with of course the paperwork, and a 5$ tax stamp. Is there some other method i am missing, or is that what VK was hinting at?

I have to admit, an 8-10in AOW could be a blast with a nice foregrip.

ReverendFranz

You are correct that you could demill an S12 and manufacture your own receiver thus being able to register it as an AOW. However, the Registering and Manufacturing tax for the Form 1 (which Individuals use) is $200 regardless of what type of NFA item is manufactured.

But if you get an SOT C2 to manufacture the AOW, there is no manufacturing tax. So the buyer would only need the Form 4 Transfer tax - which is $5 for an AOW.

ReverendFranz

You are correct that you could demill an S12 and manufacture your own receiver thus being able to register it as an AOW. However, the Registering and Manufacturing tax for the Form 1 (which Individuals use) is $200 regardless of what type of NFA item is manufactured.

But if you get an SOT C2 to manufacture the AOW, there is no manufacturing tax. So the buyer would only need the Form 4 Transfer tax - which is $5 for an AOW.

Excellent to know. Still sounds expensive.

Hey, Sounds like you guys have got the idea now........as a class 2 MFG......I can build it.....it is a pain and sometimes the process is not cost effective........but sometimes it is the only way to go....... :smoke: .......A S-20 might be the way to go, but it will need to be tuned to your load........2 3/4 or 3 inch.....and if you're gonna choose a 3 inch 20 you will be better off will a S-12 shooting 2 3/4.........I was down that road some years ago..........VK........

My partner has been doing this a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

If you want one, we will make you one. It will cost you, though. Lots of hoops and lots of work for my partner to get it to fit compliance with the law, so that you can own it.