2nd Gen 10 round mags

I will post some pics here showing what needs to be done...BRB

Ok here's some pics I took comparing a brand new Gen 2 follower to an original AGP follower.

post-1293-1205331111_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205331123_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205331139_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205331153_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205331165_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205331182_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1205331193_thumb.jpg

I tried to show the measurements some in the pics but it's hard to do like that.

Here are the important differences that I can see. (This is from measuring the two I have here, YMMV)

Front leg of Gen1 = 1.5" to bottom of bevel

Rear leg = 1.61"

Length front to back 2.645"

Front leg of Gen 2= 1.30" to bottom of bevel

Rear leg = 1.61"

OAL F to B= 2.640

Other dimensions seem to be all the same.

What are some of the problems the 1st gen mags have? I don't know if I have a 2nd or 1st gen 10 rounder but sometimes it acts as a LRBHO in a way (mag follower protrudes up slightly higher than it should stopping the bolt head's return to closed action status), but otherwise flawless, I love it.

What are some of the problems the 1st gen mags have? I don't know if I have a 2nd or 1st gen 10 rounder but sometimes it acts as a LRBHO in a way (mag follower protrudes up slightly higher than it should stopping the bolt head's return to closed action status), but otherwise flawless, I love it.

The second generation mags have Gen 2 on the side of the follower. Easy to check.

• 1 year later...

i had two gen 1 mags that the followers would get stuck in the mag body and the bolt would always outrun the mag. if you look close at cobras pics you will see the gen 1's have this sloppy seam on the follower from the mold. the gen 2's have been polished smooth. i polished the seams smooth and de burred the little oval shaped protrusions on the side of follower with a foam nail file, applied graphite and BAM flawless running mags. i can see how the shorter follower hight would help prevent binding, however i found this extra cutting to be un-neccesary in my case. i did this mod to 2 mags in 10 minutes by hand.I also smoothed some burrs inside of mag body near the top for good measure. not 1 failure in 500 rnds!! graphite rules.