12ga steel hull ammo available

• 7 years later...

I had some steel cased birdshot shell which I got from AIM Surplus. I used a fired case to cycle my AGP magazine to smooth out the sticky spots and now it works flawlessly. I don't know about advantages or disadvantages with steel cases but I've fired plastic shells with high brass, low brass, paper shells and steel hulls. They all worked fine. The paper cases are not the best against moisture but they were cheap.

I have a couple of boxes of silver bear steel hull #7 shot.... They used to have #00 buck years back but that was before my time in the saiga world......

I use it as the top shell in my mag, and load it up the rest of the way with plastic hull buckshot and slugs. The top steel round wont deform and its great for long term storage.

[attachment=57741:17 Feb 08 020.jpg

GOB do you know which Russian ammunition factory made those? I was in a shop the other day that had the same style boxes except they were 7.62x39. They were marked Made in Russia but I couldn't see anything else about them.