7.5 birdshot for clays question?!?

Just wondering if anyone has shot these with their Saiga. I've been shooting 00# buck and slugs fine. Not sure if I still need to break mine in more but I'm only allowed to shoot at clays with 7.5 birdshot.

Let me know if anyone has had problems with these or if they work great.

From Cheaper Than Dirt

Winchester

Item # 11087

12 Gauge Super-Target Load Shotshell, 2-3/4" Shell, #7.5 Shot, 1-1/8 oz., 1145 fps, 25 Rounds Per Box

Thanks

Edited by Joeddox

yep saiga works great on clays,, once you get by the funny looks form other shooters at first,, then the inevetable battery of questions by every one who ends up wanting one after they laugh at the funny gun, till they see you bustin clays all day. i use mine on clays and used it for several hunting seasons on doves both with 7.5 shot.. different loads and brands.. used 2 shot mags for both.. even with the full choke it waxed doves on opening day ... also used it on turkeys, with 4 shot. fiocchi. gpx loads at 1500 fps.. it has now replaced 3 of my other shotguns for opening days of seasons. take it out and try it..

There is a lot of info here (search) about sporting clays and loads,

Mine will not cycle the shell you mentioned it becomes a bolt action type rifle.

It depends on the barrel length and the mods you have done.

Some factory barrels come with a slight choke some you may need to install a polychoke ('sadjustable) requires threaded barrel.

I like to shoot clays but my saiga has a shorter barrel with no choke so I may need to use another 12 gauge for that, also 2 round mags are hard to come by,...

GG

Thanks lsgs

Where did you get your choke? I don't have one. Will I need one to shoot at clays?

Edited by Gas Giant

first thing i did was put a choke gauge in my bbl. it measures full.. it is a 22in bbl. so i left it alone already had an original 12c. i ws lucky enough to find 2 two round mags so i jumped on them.. did conversion on gun with side fold stock and thats it.

Estate Heavy Field work good in my Tromix. 7.5 shot, and they cycle every time. Gander has them on sale once in awhile. Also, if you have a Gander MasterCard, you can do like I did. Save up credits until you get enough and walk out with 2 cases for FREE.

Edited by patriot