Anyone running the Enidine?

Any of you running the Enidine Shot Shock and if so what are your thoughts? Is it reliable? How much recoil reduction did you notice? Does it fit milspec or commercial stock tails?

Nobody has one!?!? It should reduce the recoil by 70% according to Enidine for anyone you running M4 style stocks on your Saigas.

I use the Enidine buffers in my ARs and they are excellent at reducing recoil and muzzle flip... I figured this would be the #1 add on for 3 gunners using the Saiga 12.

100_0473.JPG

Just wondered if it had a negative effect on cycling reliability since that piston collapses a good inch during recoil.

Edited by DevL
Any of you running the Enidine Shot Shock and if so what are your thoughts? Is it reliable? How much recoil reduction did you notice? Does it fit milspec or commercial stock tails?

Nobody has one!?!? It should reduce the recoil by 70% according to Enidine for anyone you running M4 style stocks on your Saigas.

I use the Enidine buffers in my ARs and they are excellent at reducing recoil and muzzle flip... I figured this would be the #1 add on for 3 gunners using the Saiga 12.

100_0473.JPG

Just wondered if it had a negative effect on cycling reliability since that piston collapses a good inch during recoil.

a mercury tube can do the same for less.

I was thinking about splurging on one, but am also worried about issues with it cycling properly.

If the spring moves opposite the bolt, it may stop the bolt from going all the way rearword and ejecting the spent case and chambering the next.

I contacted Mesa Tactical (they put it on 870 stocks), and since they live in CA, they couldn't test it out on a real shotgun! They didn't seem to interested in finding out if it worked as I offered for them to come over and try it out on mine.

This would be great if Tony or Cobra tested it out and gave a report. I just can't see dropping $120+ for something that may not work. If it got either of their endorsements, I would likely buy one!

I have one on my latest Saiga-12, works great and is worth the extra cash IMHO. I have tried it on both of my S12's and haven't had any trouble with short cycling.

Edited by Genocide
I was thinking about splurging on one, but am also worried about issues with it cycling properly.

If the spring moves opposite the bolt, it may stop the bolt from going all the way rearword and ejecting the spent case and chambering the next.

I contacted Mesa Tactical (they put it on 870 stocks), and since they live in CA, they couldn't test it out on a real shotgun! They didn't seem to interested in finding out if it worked as I offered for them to come over and try it out on mine.

This would be great if Tony or Cobra tested it out and gave a report. I just can't see dropping $120+ for something that may not work. If it got either of their endorsements, I would likely buy one!

Hers a Video of my testing the gun. I have since fixed the cycling issues shown in the video(had to open gas ports because they were covered by gas block)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/G3N0...nt=DSCI0268.flv

As you can see there is minimal muzzle climb and my shoulder barley moves.

In contrast heres my other S12 with Nato butt stock and butt pad shooting 2 3/4" slugs.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/G3N0...nt=DSCI0291.flv

Edited by Genocide

Hers a Video of my testing the gun. I have since fixed the cycling issues shown in the video(had to open gas ports because they were covered by gas block)

In contrast heres my other S12 with Nato butt stock and butt pad shooting 3" Mag slugs.

I have to say that is impressive. There is NO WAY a mercury tube can do what an Enidine buffer does. I have tried mercury tubes and I have tried other Enidine products and they do not compare in recoil reduction.

That Enidine buffer requires the use of an "AR" style stock, doesn't it???

If so... I could never have one... I cant stand the look of an AR stock on an AK... too mutant for my taste... LOL

:smoke:

That Enidine buffer requires the use of an "AR" style stock, doesn't it???

If so... I could never have one... I cant stand the look of an AR stock on an AK... too mutant for my taste... LOL

:smoke:

+1 The only AR stock that I could stand on an AK is an AR skeleton stock because it resembles an AK skeleton stock, but it's fixed and I don't think it will work with this device. That's too bad, it appears to help quite a bit, maybe I'll keep looking.

Genocide, were those 3" magnum slugs in both vids? Also, does the Enidine com in Mil Spec and Commercial tube diameters,

if not, what diameter is available?

The first is 3" Mag Buckshot, the second is 2 3/4" slugs (both 15 round pack from wallyworld). The buckshot has more recoil compared to the slugs.

They come in both tube diameters.

Heres another video of my buddy shooting thats never shot a shotgun before and its still very reasonable.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/G3N0...nt=DSCI0271.flv

Edited by Genocide

Hells bells, its a 12 gauge shotgun! Its SUPPOSED to kick!

If I want something that doesnt kick, I will buy an AR :lolol:

Just kidding guys, them 3 inch magnums can rattle your teeth, but I just do not like the look of the AR stock on a AK platform.

• 2 weeks later...

In contrast heres my other S12 with Nato butt stock and butt pad shooting 2 3/4" slugs.

You sold me. I'll be getting two of those. Thanks.