KrisFox/Cobra Converson ON VID!!!

:super:

Enjoyed it bro! That baby runs like a top after we cut the barrel back from 22 to 18 and enlarged the gas ports.

That one FTE at the beginning was low recoil buck BTW and all those shots, even the el cheapo Wallyworld stuff, were fired on setting #1. :smoke:

That Red Star trigger's awesome too.

Kudos to dinzag too for the kickass parts! That brake makes a huge difference. Watch the muzzle during rapidfire, it hardly moves anywhere but down.

The RSB / gas tube with brand spankin new designed upper HG retainers kicks buku but! :devil:

I wish these parts had been available when I first built mine, as I'm sure dinzag does...The FSB with functional detent that indexes the brake on the thread = :super:

That's the new Ace hinge with pushbutton release. Pretty slick! The front was cut off the Bulgarian stock by KrisFox and the stock screwed to the hinge. It's all fastened to the Ace internal receiver block.

I really liked the wooded retractable buttstock. It's great :super: What parts did you use for it?

Cobra Hit the Stock mod on the head.

I'd like to use a rear trunnion and mount the stock to that. I could then cut the part of the trunnion that go's into the receiver down so only about 3/16'' or 1/4'' is left. Tap that for threads and screw it down to the folding block.

I ended up with a stock for a milled receiver.

I may order one for a stamped and get the trunnion soon.

However if someone has a suitable blond wood stock and/or a rear tang/block please drop me a line.

For know a pair of 3'' wood screws seem to be doing fine.

Edited by KrisFox

KrisFox, Cobra thks. Any chance to have some close up photos of the folding stock arrangement?

Foloding stock and wood is the greatest idea :super:

I really liked the wooded retractable buttstock. It's great :super: What parts did you use for it?

I'd like to use a rear trunnion and mount the stock to that. I could then cut the part of the trunnion that go's into the receiver down so only about 3/16'' or 1/4'' is left. Tap that for threads and screw it down to the folding block.

However if someone has a suitable blond wood stock and/or a rear tang/block please drop me a line.

I have to say that's NICEASS man. (so I like using big words). Awesome look and function to whoever was involved in this build. In fact I think we can learn a thing or two from the folks that are doing their own build. Again congratulations and what a conversation piece. Hope to see more of it. FMJ.

Edited by saiga12fan
KrisFox, Cobra thks. Any chance to have some close up photos of the folding stock arrangement?

Foloding stock and wood is the greatest idea :super:

I'll post picks this weekend

Pretty crafty there on the buttstock guys, nice! :up:

Did you get that new forward upper retainer to lock on?

Beautiful build! :wub:

Yeah, you were right I had it upside down. It's great now.

Man I love this shottie. :wub:

I call her Birtha.

what is a MAG PIN?

That's a cool idea that Rolling Thunder came up with to eliminate top round deformation when leaving a full mag in the gun.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry175112 ;)

I have one mag made up for that, its a really good idea, I tell you what I did though, I had a reloader make me up a batch of brass casing shotgun shells with #00 Buck and I use them as the first round. No need to worry about the pin in the mag and they will not deform.

A little pricey, but worth it to be able to leave a loaded mag in the shotty long term.