US made mags questions

I've got the Surefires in .223 and they work fine.Feed ramp is built right into the mag.

Mine have been holding up real good and they've seen lots of rounds go through them.

I also saw they make a clamp to hold a couple mags together,so you can blast the extra 30.That clamp works for the X39 as well.

First got the rifle and started off using the factory mag, got ALOT of FTE, as soon as i switched over to my surefire's(polymer) they worked great!!! They have the last round hold open feature, which may be a problem if you are hoping for a tactile mag release mod. But they work great.

Havent tried ProMag, but am interested. I am also seeing that Surefire is selling Metal mags that ARE NOT Compliant!!!

I am also seeing that Surefire is selling Metal mags that ARE NOT Compliant!!!

Thats what I got - the euro mags that surefire altered. They work great and are very tough - as I have enough US parts count ( I know, I know, it's the foreign parts that count) anyway, since the parts count is fine with out the mags mattering, I use the metal one and love them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 of the 30 round .223 surefire mags & never had any problem with them at all.

In fact, I really like the Bolt-Hold-Open feature.

Last round, BHO, flip up my safety (with a notch cut out for BHO) insert new mag, flip down safety, no manual racking.

Whole process seems faster to me - YMMV

By the way - been lurking here for months, first post though - hi everyone.

Edited by Glennfrank
In fact, I really like the Bolt-Hold-Open feature.

Last round, BHO, flip up my safety (with a notch cut out for BHO) insert new mag, flip down safety, no manual racking.

Welcome to the boards!

I agree, I think this would be a faster proccess as well. I'm considering such a move with my new Arsenal SLR-106FR (I know it's not Saiga. That's what I was going to buy, but didn't like the idea of doing the conversion.) I'm very interested in the followers on these magzines. Can someone post detailed pictures of thier Surefire followers? I have a couple Bulgarian "waffle" mags, and I was curious to see if these followers would work in the Bulgies (I'm sure it would take some modification.) I really want a BHO for my Arsenal!

Also, does anyone have a direct contact for Surefire? I've searched the net, ut came up empty.