Saiga 12 M82A1 Muzzle Brake

Hello,

I am looking for help trying to pick up a muzzle brake for my S-12. I really want the M82A1 Muzzle brake :super: that you can find on the popular Barrett .50 cal. I have seen a picture from Dinzag's website that has this brake on it. It is from Team Sh!tbird. Does anyone know how to get a hold of these guys and if I can get some info to buy one. I am sure that they have them custom made but think it would be sweet to put on. Besides It would be different from the standard AK74 brake.

Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I am looking for help trying to pick up a muzzle brake for my S-12. I really want the M82A1 Muzzle brake :super: that you can find on the popular Barrett .50 cal. I have seen a picture from Dinzag's website that has this brake on it. It is from Team Sh!tbird. Does anyone know how to get a hold of these guys and if I can get some info to buy one. I am sure that they have them custom made but think it would be sweet to put on. Besides It would be different from the standard AK74 brake.

Thanks

How effective is that design for a S-12? seems like a lot of brake for that gun...

Hello,

Thanks

His user name is JumiKuula, and his nickname is "jamshot."

He lives in Finland and is obviously a competition shooter who has done some very clever mods to his S12. But I don't think he is in the business of selling custom parts, although you could send him a PM and ask.

Hello,

Thanks

How effective is that design for a S-12? seems like a lot of brake for that gun...

i think he's going for the badass factor on this one.

would defiantly be different

I think the best bet to actually purchase something like that will come from "Wakal", one of our members. He's one of our Comp shooters, and what I think, is the company he works for (or possibly sponsored by), has a working prototype mid barrel compensator like the one you want. He posted some information on it earlier in the year concerning his build up, but I haven't seen anything else concerning it's release to the general public.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=22595

Edited by 6500rpm
Hello,

Thanks

i think he's going for the badass factor on this one.

would defiantly be different

Yes I am definantly looking for the badass factor.... :donatello:

I am not sure if this brake is feasible for the what I am doing...It just may be too much brake for this application. I honestly don't know.

I have only seen it on 2 shoties and wonder if there is a reason I have only seen it on 2??? Maybe it's too expensive, maybe it's not effecient...

Thank you everybody for your input. It has helped me so far.

ProtoSaiga_2.jpg

Not quite what you are looking for...

The pressure curve on a shotgun is too low at the end of the muzzle to do a whole lot. If you slide the brake back to where there is enough pressure to play with, though...

These are being laid out in Solidworks and I'll probably have 50 or 100 built in the next few months. The final product will have a 1913 rail on the bottom for flashlights (or if you put the comp on upside down, an optic). The rail will have a channel cut on the inside to fit over 1100 vent ribs so folks shooting geezer guns can use it too ;)

Alex

ProtoSaiga_2.jpg

Not quite what you are looking for...

The pressure curve on a shotgun is too low at the end of the muzzle to do a whole lot. If you slide the brake back to where there is enough pressure to play with, though...

These are being laid out in Solidworks and I'll probably have 50 or 100 built in the next few months. The final product will have a 1913 rail on the bottom for flashlights (or if you put the comp on upside down, an optic). The rail will have a channel cut on the inside to fit over 1100 vent ribs so folks shooting geezer guns can use it too ;)

Alex

Actually I like it alot. It looks cool. And if it performs like your saying I bet it will be alot of fun. Are you going to post when you have them for sale or are you gonna start some pre-order sales.

Thanks

No pre-orders...I'm working 12's or better on base getting ready for an inspection, and my friend and business partner is up to his ears right now (not good if you are a plumber), so things are a little hard to schedule :)

Once I have 'em in hand and on a few shotguns, I'll throw some bucks in the pot and pimp them here ;)

Alex

Edited by Wakal
Once I have 'em in hand and on a few shotguns, I'll throw some bucks in the pot and pimp them here ;)

Alex

FWIW....

I threw some bucks in the pot :dollar: to show support for a great site that provided excellent information and members who were quick to offer feedback and lots of assistance :up:

Cheers,

HarvKY

Yes, but you haven't seen the rates charged for "business" members. One month of that is pretty much equal to my last six weeks of profit from my little part-time gun shop...I'm not Tony with a year long waiting list and a staff of thousands :lolol:

Alex

No pre-orders...I'm working 12's or better on base getting ready for an inspection, and my friend and business partner is up to his ears right now (not good if you are a plumber), so things are a little hard to schedule :)

Alex

I can't wait....Well I guess I have to :D I am excited and will keep my eyes out for it.

Thank you so much.