I started with a bone stock S-20,

I have put on Tapco folding stock, pistol grip, and collapsible Front grip.

There is also a tactical flashlight and scope mounted to the side.

From dinzagarms, I have on order '74 muzzle break, and a Galil Handguard (both are compliance parts)

I also have on order a gas piston from Tromix

I need to know if I am compliant??? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Does anyone know where I can get US made Followers and Floorplates for 20x70 and 20x76 magazines, I would like to convert my stock mags just to be safe.

Once this gun is complete, will I have to register it with someone, or do I need a special form/license??? I am really not sure about the laws regarding this firearm... Please help

Thanks,

TB

post-10992-1210056339_thumb.jpg

By reading the sticky at the top of this section, it shows you what parts count as compliance parts:

A Saiga Rifle in factory configuration has 14 parts.

A Saiga shotgun threaded for chokes has 14 parts.

A Saiga shotgun not threaded for chokes has 13 parts.

(parts on a factory config saiga are in bold)

(1) Receiver

(2) Barrels

(3) Barrel extensions

(4) Mounting blocks, trunnion (rifles only)

(5) Muzzle attachments (shotguns w/ threaded barrels only)

(6) Bolts

(7) Bolt carriers

(8) Operating rods

(9) Gas pistons

(10) Trigger housings

(11) Triggers

(12) Hammers

(13) Sears

(14) Disconnectors

(15) Buttstock

(16) Pistol grips

(17) Forearms, handguards

(18) Magazine bodies

(19) Followers

(20) Floorplates

So if your 20 is threaded for chokes, you need to swap out 4 original parts on the list above, and replace them with US made ones. Just adding US parts doesn't do you any good.

Your Tapco stock counts as 1 part, and the US made piston you have coming from Tromix will count as 1 part. That will bring you down to 12 "countable" parts. So you'd still need 2 more US made parts to be compliant. The pistol grip and muzzle brake don't count toward compliance, because they aren't replacing anything (stock Saigas have neither to begin with), but still make sure they are US made.

Again, this is all going on the fact that yours is threaded for chokes, if it's not, then you only need to swap out 3 parts.

As far as registering it, I see you live in Florida, and they seem pretty lax about gun laws, so I'm assuming you don't need to do anything crazy like register a shotgun. But best to get that info from someone else here, who lives in Fla.

By adding the pistol grip the part need goes up to 5 US parts, the 74 Muzzle brake bumps the requirement to 6 US parts. The US vertical grips does not count as a US part, but sear is the disconnector, that is why G2 FCG count as 3 US parts so if we do the math right

Buttstock

Pistol Grip

gas Piston

Brake

Hand gaurd

I think you need 1 more us part

Edited by tatactical
By adding the pistol grip the part need goes up to 5 US parts, the 74 Muzzle brake bumps the requirement to 6 US parts. The US vertical grips does not count as a US part, but sear is the disconnector, that is why G2 FCG count as 3 US parts so if we do the math right

Buttstock

Pistol Grip

gas Piston

Brake

Hand gaurd

I think you need 1 more us part

...except that you only need 4 US parts on the pictured shotty.

An S20 with muzzle device and pistol grip has 15 countable parts.

By my tally, you've only replaced 4 (buttstock, pistol grip, gas piston, and muzzle brake -- assuming Dinzag's are US-made).

The vertical foregrip does not count for compliance (or anything else).

So even when you get the other two parts, your shotgun is not compliant. You need at least 1 more part (2, if the AK-74 brake isn't US-made).

You'd probably be better off (and have a better gun) if you just did the full conversion and installed a G2 FCG.

Jim

I started with a bone stock S-20,

I have put on Tapco folding stock, pistol grip, and collapsible Front grip.

There is also a tactical flashlight and scope mounted to the side.

From dinzagarms, I have on order '74 muzzle break, and a Galil Handguard (both are compliance parts)

I also have on order a gas piston from Tromix

I need to know if I am compliant??? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, Does anyone know where I can get US made Followers and Floorplates for 20x70 and 20x76 magazines, I would like to convert my stock mags just to be safe.

Once this gun is complete, will I have to register it with someone, or do I need a special form/license??? I am really not sure about the laws regarding this firearm... Please help

Thanks,

TB

post-10992-1210056339_thumb.jpg

Exactly which scope mount did you use in the picture ?

Thanks

Firefox

Thanks Everyone, I really appreciate the comments. It's nice to know I can go out in the woods and blow stuff up, in full compliance.

The scope mount used in the photo is from Tapco, which I bought at a local gunshow. It shows that it is out of stock on their website though.

Thanks Everyone, I really appreciate the comments. It's nice to know I can go out in the woods and blow stuff up, in full compliance.

The scope mount used in the photo is from Tapco, which I bought at a local gunshow. It shows that it is out of stock on their website though.

Are you happy with the scope mount, does is seem solid enough ?

Thanks for the reply

Firefox

It's great! Very stable and made of lightweight aluminum.

The guy at the gun show said that it was a tapco product, But I have not looked at it very closely. I will check tommorrow more thorughly to find a make on it. It is however very sturdy.

It's great! Very stable and made of lightweight aluminum.

The guy at the gun show said that it was a tapco product, But I have not looked at it very closely. I will check tommorrow more thorughly to find a make on it. It is however very sturdy.

Any info you have on th mount would be helpfull. I ran your picture through Photoshop and I really don't think it's a Tapco, at least not the one on their web site. Yours has a side rail and the area where it mounts to the rifle is more open.

But it looks real nice.

post-11167-1210290808_thumb.jpg