AK47 4 x new thermold 30rd mag/used German pouch

Just got home and there was a fed-ex shipment waiting on me. :smoke:

Opened it up and it is indeed my Mags. they are the plastic Master Molder Mags.

Just tried to put one in the gun and the mag latch doesn't engage. Not sure why but it's too late to mess with it having spent 16 hours at the shop today.

Overall I'm fairly happy with my purchase. Figure I just need to file the mag a little to get it to latch. But I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

jeff

Edited to add...

thank God i didn't pay the $50 bucks for just one surefire mag the local gun/pawnshop was wanting.

You are correct in assuming you need to file the mag catch tab. Some file the mag catch itself so they can use just about any mag, but I prefer filing the mag catch tab.Just look at the thickness of the factory mag catch tab and then file the Mater Molder until it looks close then test fit. Mine all fit tight with no wobble at all going at it this way. Took me all of about 10 minutes to do all my new mags.theDuke

You are right. I filed them down this evening and they all fit in just fine now. Have you ran any rounds through yours yet?

It looks almost identical to the one surefire mag i got. So I am expecting them to feed and not need a bullet guide.

jeff

No I haven't run any rounds through them I am still waiting on my G2 FCG from Dinzag, the last piece of my puzzle for now anyway. I can't see as they'll have any trouble feeding though, they look pretty identical to the factory mag as far as the feed lip goes. Pull your receiver cover off and insert both the factory mag and then the MM mags and you'll see what I mean. theDuke.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with the mix up if it is an honest mistake.

But lets be real here. This many orders messed up is kind of odd for a company that has been around for 10 years ( seen that in a earlier reply )

But my gut is telling me the seller got some East German ribbed mags @ 2 bucks a pop and was hoping everyone would say " what the heck they still work " and let it go.

The least they could do is ship the proper MAG's with the return lable for the WRONG MAG's and stop this delay for an order that has already been charged on my card.

After all trust is a two way street is it not ?

No matter the out come of this folly my hard earned cash goes elsewhere.

Have a great weekend all

OK fine Harvyk and everyone else who's pissed off. I should have known better than to get involved. I suggest you take it up with the owner of the company yourselves like I WAS trying to do. Take your business elsewhere from now on. Like I said, the owner isn't expected back til Tuesday. Why don't you all save all the complaining til then and all get on the horn the day he comes back to IO. The girl on the phone is quite obviously not concerned with any of your well being. Sometimes when you run into someone like that, you have to be patient and go over their heads. I was trying to do that. Scuse the hell outa me.

OK fine Harvyk and everyone else who's pissed off. I should have known better than to get involved. I suggest you take it up with the owner of the company yourselves like I WAS trying to do. Take your business elsewhere from now on. Like I said, the owner isn't expected back til Tuesday. Why don't you all save all the complaining til then and all get on the horn the day he comes back to IO. The girl on the phone is quite obviously not concerned with any of your well being. Sometimes when you run into someone like that, you have to be patient and go over their heads. I was trying to do that. Scuse the hell outa me.

Cobra, I in no went meant to offend you are anyone else. Sorry if my last post came acrossed that way.

I will wait until this is sorted out.

I thank you for watching our backs in this matter

My man Cobra,

Come on now :mellow: I was in no way getting on you for getting involved with checking things out. Sorry if thats what came across. From my side of the screen, it felt like you were trying to tell people(me) how they should post based on the fact that you were afraid IOINC would not become a paid business member. Thats the problem (1 of them) with these sites - one's true intentions don't always come across as intended and it's hard to clarify things at times.

I issued no ultimatums or damning satatements. I clearly stated that I was waiting till we got some official word.. figuring it might be through you possibly. I don't know whats wrong with someone just expressing that they are pissed about something ...usually most of the time people don't pay any attention to me anyway :P I guess some people do get mad about something or someone and can't let it go. I simply look at it as a FUBAR and however it plays out ... thats the way it is. :rolleyes: C'est la Vie ^_^ Life is too short

You are obviously heavily invested in this site, at least emotionally & time wise if not also $wise. Keep up the good work :up: I love to see that focus & energy directed into some more amazing creations for us to enjoy

Sincerely

HarvKY

I have not received mine either, but I am guessing it's going to take as long (if not longer) as it did to get the original shipment. I'm assuming I'll get mine next week some time, but not stressing over it. I will call after next week if I haven't received it yet. I had hoped they'd expedite shipping, but my hopes were incorrect.

I have not received mine either, but I am guessing it's going to take as long (if not longer) as it did to get the original shipment. I'm assuming I'll get mine next week some time, but not stressing over it. I will call after next week if I haven't received it yet. I had hoped they'd expedite shipping, but my hopes were incorrect.

I too have not received my return shipping label.

Spoke yesterday ( after 1 week wait ) to Amanda, she is putting the return label in the post.

Spoke yesterday ( after 1 week wait ) to Amanda, she is putting the return label in the post.

I received my return label today ( Wed May 21st ) in the post, will be shipping ASAP

I received my return label today ( Wed May 21st ) in the post, will be shipping ASAP

Cool Beans looks like this folly may have a bright ending after all

what do we do repack and drop off the wrong order at Fedx? I have never had to do a product return before LOL

Thanks for the help.

Cool Beans looks like this folly may have a bright ending after all

what do we do repack and drop off the wrong order at Fedx? I have never had to do a product return before LOL

Thanks for the help.

I was told to repackage minus the German pouch & contact FedEd for a pickup, i'll probably see if I can drop it off at a KINKOS

Got my mags/pouch today orded is correct. Now can someone post pice how to mod they correct?

I dont have a Pic sorry

But I used a wet stone (like you would use to hone your knife ) on the rear towards the top of the mag is a tab ( that is the mag catch )

file a little off the bottom side of this tab, 20 stopkes with the wet stone and see if the mag locks in if not try 10 strokes more, check fit, If the mag locks in you are good to go, if not repeat until is does. You also need to replace 1 more part to be compliant i did the foregrip and stock

Also I received my return lable today so off to FEDEX in the AM

I am beginning to get disheartened. I was told that they would be sending out the replacement magazines and a return shipping label. I have yet to receive anything. I'll check the mail this afternoon and if I haven't received anything by then, I'll be calling again. I don't feel that I should have to continue to wait for my order so much longer considering how long initial shipping and the return label have taken when they screwed it up. If I get the return shipping label, well I guess I'll just suck it up, but not be happy about it.

I finally recieved my return shipping label. Based on the postage markings and time when I recieved it I am certain they did not send it when thy said they would, which explains why it came days after when they said it would. I have already sent the mags back so we will now see how long it takes to get the right ones.

I received my magazines and the return shipping label Friday afternoon. I'm glad they sent out the new mags with the shipping label, I wouldn't want to wait another 2-3 weeks to get my order. By bedtime I had all mags setup for my rifle. I.O. may very well get my business in the future, provided they have an outstanding deal. I feel bad for those of you who are waiting and have to send your mags back before getting the correct ones.

I received my magazines and the return shipping label Friday afternoon. I'm glad they sent out the new mags with the shipping label, I wouldn't want to wait another 2-3 weeks to get my order. By bedtime I had all mags setup for my rifle. I.O. may very well get my business in the future, provided they have an outstanding deal. I feel bad for those of you who are waiting and have to send your mags back before getting the correct ones.

Cool

I sent mine back last Friday and Fedex tracking showed they received them today.

so maybe I will receive them late next week.

The original order was on the 8th of May, Via internet order :(

I just tried to contact them to ask if they had shipped my order seeing as the fed ex delievery confirmation shows they recieved the metal mags back last week and I was promised they would ship the day they got them back. Unfortunately the phone number on their website takes me to a message saying that I have reached a non working number. I reaptedly tried the number and repeatedly got said message. Does anyone know of another number? Have others been able to get through on that number? I would probably cancel my order at this point but I can't even get a hold of them. :ded: It has been a month since I placed my order BTW.

Well I just got through to them. I dialed the same number that was getting me that message. I checked the list of dialed numbers to confirm it. I dont know why it wasn't working and then did but I got through.

Did they ship out your order ?

I guess I will wait until the end of the week to see if mine come in before i call them

27 days and counting LOL

I received my mags today, admittedly, I took my time sending the incorrect order back to the them minus the pouch as instructed.

I saw a FedEx van at the local strip mall & got him to tape up the box, I put the return label over the original & just handed it to him last Wed/Thu ( trustingly ).

I received 4 Master Molder Thermold mags plus another used German pouch today via FedEx.

Edited by manok

Did they ship out your order ?

I guess I will wait until the end of the week to see if mine come in before i call them

27 days and counting LOL

Yes and no. They said the four 30 rounders were shipped but provided no additional info ie when where it is at etc. I am really hoping it comes by the end of the week. If not that will be indicative of it not having been shipped. I also ordered a 47 rounder that they said didn't ship because they still haven't gotten them in although we are past the time I was told they would be recieving more. They said they will be getting them next week and it will ship then. I'm happy they didn't hold up the first part of the order waiting on the 47 rounder. I discussed that with them before and they said they would ship seperately if needed. I am just hoping all else is well with this order. This has been my biggest shopping headache in a very very long time and my worst online shopping experience.

To be honest the part that gets me the most is that I never recieved so much as a simple apology. Had someone said "sorry about that we'll get it taken care of" I would feel a lot differently about it all. Not only did they seem to not are one bit about the fact they screwed up I've had to call repeatedly and press them on things they ought to be volunteering to do such as sending me a return shipping label. They also have failed to do things they have promised they would do in order remedy the problem.

I really think a lot of the negative impact this has had falls on their customer service department. The person I worked with was VERY apologetic and I didn't have to send back the incorrect mags BEFORE I was shipped the correct ones. It seems to me that some of you should be requesting to speak with a supervisor. Maybe a little negative reinforcement on their end would straighten out their customer service department. Just a thought. I feel bad for those of you who are still waiting on the correct parts. Has anyone talked to the owner since he's been back?

I really think a lot of the negative impact this has had falls on their customer service department. The person I worked with was VERY apologetic and I didn't have to send back the incorrect mags BEFORE I was shipped the correct ones. It seems to me that some of you should be requesting to speak with a supervisor. Maybe a little negative reinforcement on their end would straighten out their customer service department. Just a thought. I feel bad for those of you who are still waiting on the correct parts. Has anyone talked to the owner since he's been back?

I emailed them last night and got a reply today that i should receive my MAG's in 5 to 7 working days.....

Did not say when they shipped them but the wrong order was received back by them last Friday.

so I assume that they did not resend them until this week sometime.