what do you think?

229596.jpg

229595.jpg

Someone from this forum e-mailed me about adapting the galil stock and thought I by one for myself and try it. I had to dremel a little on the inside but not much. The biggest fab work was making the retainer that bolts bolts up in the same location as the OEM stock.

It holds very well but I need to make something to go on the inside to take up the gaps so the gaurd is more solid. It will take a little getting used to the shape of the stock but it definetely seems to speed up target aquisition believe it or not.

I made the retainer out of some .100 thick sheet metal. Kinda hard to bend without a good vice and an assortment of bar stock to bend it around. Its kind of a crude way to hold it in place but it works pretty good as simple as it is. The only thing missing is somethiing to fill the sides in so theres no way the gaurd can move from side to side.

What does this thing do for heat retension? Makes it seem like it's getting more insulation added wit the handguard?

Looks like it could be more functional.

Would adding one of these help make a rifle conversion more ergonomic??

Does this mod in any way affect the underlying saiga forearm?

And would this really count towards a US compliance part since now you have both a US and a foreign part?

Another way to attach the galil forearm to the saiga one would be to pack it using some epoxy (fibreglass?) filler. That would certainly make it not jiggle around.

Edited by brian33x51
nice.

i dont think he kept the originial handguard in place fellas. i believe the part you see is the .100 gauge metal he formed to keep the Galil handguard bolted up.

course i could be wrong.

Thanks, and you are correct about the U shaped metal. I'll post some pics of the breakdown later on so you can see it better.

Thx and sorry. I looked at it more closely and I see that.

I wonder if there'd be some way to put a flat steel slat in the bottom as an extender and epoxy some nylon washers or something on the insides to keep it from rocking.

I probably don't know what I'm talking aobut since I've never seen these galil handguards.

Btw, tapco just came out with their saw PG, side folder and galil handguards all in OD.