Well let me say that from the looks of things I'd rather have either a fixed full synthetic or full wood furniture. Secondly, the DNTC compensator does a FANTASTIC job of calming the recoil compared to the muzzle brake on my FAL, lightening quick follow up shoots were VERY easy to accomplish. This is one weapon I'd love to SBR krink style.

My outing was mainly to put some rounds through this new/used weapon of mine as well as try out some low recoil 7.62x39 ammo in my MAK-90 I had purchased some time ago. Other weapons on hand were 2 AR-M4's, 1 Romanian AK, 1 MAK-90, 1 Saiga 12, 1 Winchester pump-action 12 with a poly-choke and a Winchester semi-auto .22

Weapon configuration as follows: external block ACE folder, DNTC compensator, RSA trigger group, 6 FBMG and 2 Surefire mags.

Ammo: SA surplus and Australian surplus.

Well the first few FBMG mags that I fired off ran without a hicc-up. When I decided to try out my Surefire mags; as I have heard nothing but problems; there was obviously a snag with my RSA fcg. I pulled off the dust cover and recoil spring and with the trigger FULLY depressed the hammer would NOT fall...this is where testing stopped. There was about the width of your thumb nail that would not clear the hammer to let it fall and I had no allen keys with me at the time to adjust. I'll be assessing this issue tonight and leave further comments after I attempt fix the problem. Once I get it properly adjusted I will ;as previously noted in another thread; loc-tite the little bastards down.

But during the functioning course of fire she worked flawlessly with minimal recoil considering it's a .308 (and compared to my FAL on the lowest gas setting) plus I had cheap surplus ammo and she was DIRTY as could be but ran like a champ.

AMMO TEST:

This low recoil ammo was a surprise! There was not only a definite reduction in recoil but muzzle blast as well. My friends Romanian AK would eat this stuff up with out a problem. My Norinco MAK-90 was A LOT more sensitive to this almost blunt nosed cartridge. There is also a significant OAL in size, almost a 1/4-1/2" I guessing off the top of my head.

101_0378.jpg

101_0379.jpg

101_0380.jpg

Edited by MCASgt New River
Well let me say that from the looks of things I'd rather have either a fixed full synthetic or full wood furniture. Secondly, the DNTC compensator does a FANTASTIC job of calming the recoil compared to the muzzle brake on my FAL, lightening quick follow up shoots were VERY easy to accomplish. This is one weapon I'd love to SBR krink style.

My outing was mainly to put some rounds through this new/used weapon of mine as well as try out some low recoil 7.62x39 ammo in my MAK-90 I had purchased some time ago. Other weapons on hand were 2 AR-M4's, 1 Romanian AK, 1 MAK-90, 1 Saiga 12, 1 Winchester pump-action 12 with a poly-choke and a Winchester semi-auto .22

Weapon configuration as follows: external block ACE folder, DNTC compensator, RSA trigger group, 6 FBMG and 2 Surefire mags.

Ammo: SA surplus and Australian surplus.

Well the first few FBMG mags that I fired off ran without a hicc-up. When I decided to try out my Surefire mags; as I have heard nothing but problems; there was obviously a snag with my RSA fcg. I pulled off the dust cover and recoil spring and with the trigger FULLY depressed the hammer would NOT fall...this is where testing stopped. There was about the width of your thumb nail that would not clear the hammer to let it fall and I had no allen keys with me at the time to adjust. I'll be assessing this issue tonight and leave further comments after I attempt fix the problem. Once I get it properly adjusted I will ;as previously noted in another thread; loc-tite the little bastards down.

But during the functioning course of fire she worked flawlessly with minimal recoil considering it's a .308 (and compared to my FAL on the lowest gas setting) plus I had cheap surplus ammo and she was DIRTY as could be but ran like a champ.

AMMO TEST:

This low recoil ammo was a surprise! There was not only a definite reduction in recoil but muzzle blast as well. My friends Romanian AK would eat this stuff up with out a problem. My Norinco MAK-90 was A LOT more sensitive to this almost blunt nosed cartridge. There is also a significant OAL in size, almost a 1/4-1/2" I guessing off the top of my head.

MULTIPLE PICTURES WILL FOLLOW LATER.

You know what Arfcom says?

This thread is useless without pics.

You know what Arfcom says?

This thread is useless without pics.

And you know what I say about BARF.COM

SCREW THEM AND THIS COMMENT!! :killer:

Pictures will follow when I get to them.

Looks real nice, New River! I want to get the DTNC when I eventually thread my barrel. Glad to hear it works well. I've also got some of that Australian Surplus you mentioned. Good stuff.

Later,

Acer

pvt joker-

The comp is from AK CONCEPTS, I know nothing more as I bought it as you see it.

macbeau-

I'd like to see that M60 FH you got on your .308....bet it looks bitch'n! Yeah, I took it to Flatwoods for the initial testing and then the follow up after I got the trigger all adjusted down to a VERY short pull and re-set...great for bumping!! I part-time as one of the weekend Range Safety Officers for Flatwoods so I get to go up and shoot for free whenever I want so she has got run through the ringer and operates reliably now.

pvt joker-

The comp is from AK CONCEPTS, I know nothing more as I bought it as you see it.

macbeau-

I'd like to see that M60 FH you got on your .308....bet it looks bitch'n! Yeah, I took it to Flatwoods for the initial testing and then the follow up after I got the trigger all adjusted down to a VERY short pull and re-set...great for bumping!! I part-time as one of the weekend Range Safety Officers for Flatwoods so I get to go up and shoot for free whenever I want so she has got run through the ringer and operates reliably now.

Not the best pics of the FH, but you get the idea...

Good Shooting...!

Macbeau sends...

post-1473-1210691325_thumb.jpg

post-1473-1210691337_thumb.jpg

Good to see you got to take her out for a test run Mike. Can't wait to check it out next time you come out to my place. Did you try it with and without the new brake? The Saiga .308 has incredibly light recoil as is but I'm sure that new brake made it less. I've heard good things about those, saw one at the show last wknd but it was a little rich for my blood at $95.. :eek:

What thread size is that?

Good to see you got to take her out for a test run Mike. Can't wait to check it out next time you come out to my place. Did you try it with and without the new brake? The Saiga .308 has incredibly light recoil as is but I'm sure that new brake made it less. I've heard good things about those, saw one at the show last wknd but it was a little rich for my blood at $95.. :eek:

Cobra-

Yeah I got a few rounds in between being the range "Safety Nazi" and making sure everyone is putting rounds DOWN range and not in out overhang!! :cryss: From what I have heard from other people that where there and had previously owner a S308 the brakes does make a difference but the muzzle blast is amplified...and I do agree. Compared to my FAL the recoil IS lighter but the muzzle blast is probably 2-3x louder but also remember the FAL is pushing a 20" barrel and my S308 has a 16".

Yeah when I was looking up the price of the brake I too saw the price tag....AK concept + AR prices = NO BUENO my friend!!

Cobra-

Yeah I got a few rounds in between being the range "Safety Nazi" and making sure everyone is putting rounds DOWN range and not in out overhang!! :cryss: From what I have heard from other people that where there and had previously owner a S308 the brakes does make a difference but the muzzle blast is amplified...and I do agree. Compared to my FAL the recoil IS lighter but the muzzle blast is probably 2-3x louder but also remember the FAL is pushing a 20" barrel and my S308 has a 16".

Yeah when I was looking up the price of the brake I too saw the price tag....AK concept + AR prices = NO BUENO my friend!!

Let's get that .308 out and my Viking Kitty and "Judge Cobra" SKS conversion and kill some paper!

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge