stock removal --starting conv

just starting my conv cant get stock off

Check, make sure that you have removed all the correct screws, I think there are " 3 ".

Use the old ' wibble, wobble ' method as you hold the receiver with one hand & ' wibble, wobble ' the stock off.

Mine was a real tight fit, unfortunately I don't have it on hand to double check the screw location & walk you through the stock removal.

I bought a Tapco T6 & Saw pistol grip for my conversion, along with the G2 single trigger FCG & 4 X Thermold 30 round mags.

Having said that & just getting the conversion complete,

I went ahead & ordered a Bulgarian made ( pistol grip ) stock that fits any stamped AK receiver along with 2 sets of magazine clamps & 4 x magazine dust covers. from David's Collectibles in NC

Guess I've got the fever.

I have a 20" dimpled 7.62 x 39 purchased from " Stanley's proshop in GA

wow davids collectibles is one block away-----well what about oiling the stock do i need to pry up the trigger guard

The trigger guard is a whole new " OPRAH '. read up on that process before you attempt to start. There are rivets & welds to be drilled/ dremmeled.

There's a link here somewhere to a " YOUTUBE " how to, showing the whole process.

It's a good base to start with.

Cobalt drill bits are a must as far as I'm concerned.

If I remember correctly I might have eased the butt stock along with a rubber mallet to get it going, but after that it was the old ' wibble, wobble '.

GO TO THE TECH SECTION.... READ THE POSTS....

All is there for a COMPLETE CONVERSION!!!!

That way you can have all the info in your head or in front of you if you print it out, and dont need to come here asking for assistance at each screw or rivit you come to.

Also, read and re-read the sheik's tutorial on conversions... then after that... read others... like cobras... or mine... even the "tear down instructions" in the stickied part of the 410 section is where I would go if I were you, as it sounds like you are not even sure how to disassemble the firearm...

Once you have it completely tore down... THEN I would go about thinking conversion... AFTER you know all the steps required... tools required...parts required...

Please dont be offended... the whole point is to have an idea WHAT you are doing before you jump in and get in upside down and are thinking... "OH FUCK!! What do I do now?!!?!? "

We will help, trust me on that... but we also want you to learn... the ol' "give a man a fish or teach a man to fish" parable...

Start with tear down instructions and go from there...

:smoke:

hey nice help and apprech the effort but hearing from non techies and regular joes is helpful to me this is a side project and often i dont have time to check everypost - im am an 0311 marine and have been on back to back deployments so instant feedback like those who answered me is great,

Dude.........I'm Tim the Tool man Taylor when it comes to this stuff.....and I did it. ( With all the help from these guys!)

Watch the YouTube video FIRST. You'll feel alot more comfortable with it.........and yes, there is another stock screw below where teh recoil spring is.

ok then i have to field strip the entire weapon to remove the third screw-in order to remove the stock--im sorry i didint look for the answeres here but im to busy gettin shot at for my country----plus i have been missinn what the hell is goin on in the pres race------Voters what has happend--------this forum wont work the way things are heading

would someone please give me a no bullsit answr to stock removal i undertand you all have exp-and all but i dont get a chance to get online b/c i am in the military--and away from a comp---i understand your help but i think speed and lins or straightfowardness would help-------T Darez 3/2 CAMP L N.C

-Take off the dust cover

-Remove the recoil spring by pushing it forward, until it comes out of the "track", then pull it back all the way out

-Set it aside

-Unscrew the screw that is now visible with the recoil spring gone

-Unscrew the other 2 screws (1 on the top, 1 on the bottom)

-Pull the stock like hell. Or tap it with a mallet. Or do whatever you have to do to get it off.

There are three screws holding the butt stock on. There is one on the bottom of the receiver, and two on the top. You can see the rear one on the top, but you can't see the forward one. You need to take the cover off the receiver, and take out the recoil spring. Once the recoil spring is out of it's rear groove you will be able to see the last screw. Once you've got all three of the out you're gonna have to twist, pry, and possibly bang on the stock to get it off. It's usually stuck in the receiver pretty good. If that's not working for you, look inside the receiver just ahead of the butt stock and see if you can get a flat screw driver in there. If you can, try to pry the butt stock out.

If you have time to attempt a conversion and continually post to the same thread between your deployments, I'm sure you have time to use the "search" feature and actually READ the information available. No disrespect to you as a soldier, but you are either incredibly bad at using the internet or you are a troll.

take apart your rifle. The buttstock is attached by THREE (3) screws. Take the screws out. Pull off the buttstock. Wow.