Anybody have a trunk rack for their S-12?

Anybody have a trunk rack for their S-12? Seen a few gun racks for trunk mounting around but not sure how the 12 will fit in their (especially with a the MD20 attached)

bsr1trunk.jpg

bsr1a.jpg

An S12 with a MD20? You will have to get stronger trunk springs! :lolol:

With "Trucks"...

I used to live in Reno (and plenty of trucks around). I saw one guy out at the pyramid range that had tool boxes that went along the side of the bed just along the top but went into the bed area no further than the wheel wells). It was the stainless steel type (pattern like rock guard) and sat low over all (not like a "tool truck" at all...probably 3 or 4 inches above the bed liner for the lid). Just basic utility bins in appearance.

The setup was similar like you would for a trunk lid. On one side he had various military firearms with pistols on the lid, and on the other one he had what appeared to be a custom made crate for like 5 SKS rifles neatly in a row (I think it was stacked like a chest and there were 10)

lol heck, he could've drove wherever and equiped a squad quite well -noooo probs.

The center storage area *(behind cab that opens from left and right side of truck) was sectioned and it held all the ammo....thus meeting the separate storage laws (he traveled a lot...probably other states). He told me the main bed area underneath the bins would be where he stored the tents/gear or whatever. Plenty of room for all things. He called it his "bug out truck" (yeah no kiddin).

Was really cool to see. Well, it'll probably give Cobra a few more ideas.

just found this too.... interesting (a truck vault).

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2007/...ifle-transport/

~Steve

Edited by whatmanual
Hehheh...no but you just gave me great idea :super:

Thank you!

What I did in my 2002 Corvette Z06 was, I built a panel out of 3/4" plywood and covered it with black carpet on both sides to match the interior. I installed the panel in the open space under the rear window that had previously allowed fulltime access to the trunk. So, now I had a separate trunk area which was more secure. I put my gun rack on the panel inside the "new' trunk area. I thought this would be most safe just incase I was in a wreck. It worked great for me. YMMV. Scott

If Buckshot Roberts was around modern day: (and upgraded to the Saiga 12)

(As he get's out of the truck..........)

Dick: We've got a warrant for you, old man.

Buckshot Roberts: I ain't got no business with that war no more, peckerhead son of a bitch. I'm on my own. I've come to pick up the 150 dollars Sheriff Brady has put out for the kid. The rest of you are only worth about 110, but I'll take it.

Doc: What a sweet disposition.

Buckshot Roberts: All right, let's dance

aw heck around here it hangs in the back window of the pick up (hack ,spit , taps can of snuff and tucks another pinch in ) :angel:

I have also done that many years ago. However, being retired L.E.O., I have seen to many objects that were both mounted and unmounted that became projectiles and seriously injured passengers when they were involved in wrecks. Due to these personal experiences, I try to have anything that is not "hardmounted" (such as a LEO certified rack) or attached to me in a separate compartment. YMMV. Scott

I'd never put a gun on any flimsy part like the trunk lid, myself.

I would also never put some contraption out there that is the size of my mother's pocketbook, either.

These Big Sky racks sound pretty tough (of course this is from their website):

"Just ask Patrolman Scott Cardenas of the Lower Burrell, PA Police Department. They recently installed a Big Sky Racks UCB (patented telescoping mounting bar) in Patrolman Cardenas' patrol car. The same day the new car was put into service it was involved in a high speed chase resulting in a roll over. Although the car was totaled, Patrolman Cardenas steadfastly maintains that the UCB saved his life! He claims that the UCB kept the roof and side walls from caving in. The fully functional UCB mount and rack system was removed and installed in another vehicle.

Although Big Sky Racks makes no claims as to the viability of its mounts as a roll bar device, it would appear that the added strength could significantly effect the safety of the vehicle. Big Sky Racks recommends that after installation, a hole be drilled through the UCB Bar and a bolt installed (included with mounting hardware) which secures the telescoping feature of the bar."

cardenaswreck.jpg