bolt action saiga??????

so today i went to centerfire systems web sight to lo, and behold to my eyes a saiga .308 bolt action rifle.

now i know that they have been brought here under the Loz 7-1 line of arms but i have never seen one up close to tell what kind oif action they use ir what the qualtiy is like. soooo i was wondering if anyone had some info on these guns for me to make my decision on.

here a link for all that dont know what in the hell im talking about.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp...amp;ProdID=1731

(might have to cut and paste this one in :P )

Here is the data on the rifle. http://www.raacfirearms.com/Los_7-1.htm They have several models including a 7.62x 39.

I have been dreaming of the RAA Biathlon 7-4 myself. It is a real Biathlon rifle designed for competition in .22 LR. I wonder if I would get arrested doing cross country skiing with one of these strapped to my back? Hmmmmm...

Edited by Saigaczech

http://www.dragunov.net/los_7.htm

Krebs will toss a cheap BEC scope ($49.99) and mount an ar10 hider ($15) on it for a mere $300 (ack) - the $'s must be for the badger scope mount :rolleyes: ... http://www.krebscustom.com/KalashnikovRifles.shtml

Really not alot is known about the los rifle, or the TOZ 122 308 bolt action either. I will tell you the TOZ 78 is a really slick 22 for the money, and the biathlon basic 22 that izhmash makes is also a tack driver.

In the US the market has alot of good choices in budget rifles, so $444 plus transfer is pretty steep when you can get a stainless savage or even a much nicer (likely) CZ rifle for the same $'s. The weak $ is really making these rifles less of a bargain then they were three or four years ago.

really want to get a x39 bolt rifle.....i can't even say why for sure....just thing that looks like a great little deer rifle for the 100 yard wooded shooting i do in WI......and cheap shooting!

of course....the standard saiga will work fine for that also.....

CZ used to make a nice 7.62x39 bolt action, and NEF makes barrels for that caliber too. If you hunt where your shots are less than 150 yards, it would make good sense, and beyond that you would maybe want to try a rangefinder and large turret scope to dial in your range. I think that for deer it would put them down to 200 yards with the right bullet and well placed shot. There are certaily days when shooting my 300 wby that the 7.62x39 sounds like a good idea.

Personally, if I'm going to limit my range, I'd opt for something like a 35 remington with heavier bullets.

CZ used to make a nice 7.62x39 bolt action, and NEF makes barrels for that caliber too. If you hunt where your shots are less than 150 yards, it would make good sense, and beyond that you would maybe want to try a rangefinder and large turret scope to dial in your range. I think that for deer it would put them down to 200 yards with the right bullet and well placed shot. There are certaily days when shooting my 300 wby that the 7.62x39 sounds like a good idea.

Personally, if I'm going to limit my range, I'd opt for something like a 35 remington with heavier bullets.

CZ-USA still sells the CZ-527 Carbine in 7.62x39. Been thinking of getting one but can't finance it right now, too busy buying soon to be banned evil guns. :D It is reputedly a great shooter with the 7.62x39 cartridge with high degree of accuracy with the proper ammo.

BTW, the Saiga Biathlon I was drooling over sells for $1300. Guess it will have to wait.

Sadly, NEF dropped the 7.62x39 from their line up. They only made it for one year (2005 I think). When I called about a month ago, they had even dropped 7.62x39 from their barrel accessory program. Guess I am stuck with my Australia International Arms M-10 for now... :rolleyes: I have one of the 200 or so that came in as "dealer demo's" (werent supposed to be sold to the general public.) before importation was stopped because the FED's got wind that it's actually made in Vietnam.

As for bolt guns - CZ still makes the 550 and Wal-Mart still lists it under "special order... Remington and Ruger made (makes?) one as well...

ya know after looking at it more and more ....is it me or dose something about this damn thing remind ya a little bit of the old rem. 788

im not saying a clone or anything, but how the receiver looks kinda like someone took a 788 and opened the ejection port.

eh maybe i have been looking at rifles too damn much :P