Nearly mint Saiga .223 4-sale

I am requesting a little feedback. I am very fortunate because my gun safe is too full. I have 3 Saigas at the moment and think I should part with one. I got the .223 in a trade, so I am not exactly sure what I have into it. This one is pretty much mint, I have only put about 100 rounds through her, and it looked like the previous owner may have used it less than I have. Please let me know what you think might be a fair price, with some consideration for the current market for new rifles, shipping and FFL fees.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

keep in mind the blue book on this gun says the prices for this line of guns is selling at its 50% value, or WAS. the guns are supposed to be going for more, and arent, because the russians messed up apparantly with thier profits math. not that I am complaining.

what i am saying is the gun is worth 160 in 50% condition, 279 in NIB. or is SUPPOSED to be. why it didnt work out that way must be some clerical errror somewhere. if you charged someone 220 for it, you are giving them a good price even then on it. a dealer wont give you that in trade in on it however.

put an ad out for it in the paper:

AS ADVERTISED ON TV! SAIGA SKS RIFLE! ONLY $250 hahah

you could always do the pitol grip conversion and turn around and sell it for 375....

I don't think I will over-react to the unfortunate media reaction to the killings. We had a very cool thing happen in our community lately, a bank robbery suspect was held at gunpoint by an un-employed plumber until arrested by law enforcement. The media got the word out this bank robbery suspect was on the run, and the guy recognized him from the pictures and kept him corraled wih his hunting rifle. Score another victory for the right to keep and bear arms. By the way, I have had a fair amount of interest in the .223, but now with the changing market I am thinking maybe I will have a change of heart and sit tight.

• 2 weeks later...