DPHArms reinvents the no thread muzzle brake!

We got the new style in but I'm just not 100% happy with them. They are rock solid and WILL NOT shoot off the rifle. We are making a couple of design changes to the attachment and then they will be ready. I'll post a few pic soon.

Scott

Thanks for the update Scott. This is a blessing for the NY and NJ guys that are on here.

I would buy one if it came in a slant brake design, rather than a flash hider which I don't need, or a less effective imitation AK-74 brake. I like to bump fire so I need the backwards recoil but what I don't need is the muzzle rising up on me, so a slant brake is the perfect choice, looks like I will just have to thread it.

We got the new style in but I'm just not 100% happy with them. They are rock solid and WILL NOT shoot off the rifle. We are making a couple of design changes to the attachment and then they will be ready. I'll post a few pic soon.

Scott

Oh... really now? Can't wait to see a pic of them! Will certainly be much easier and cheaper I am sure than threading the barrel, how much will they cost?

Don't they already make a no screw break for the saiga? Here is one that is available right now for less than $6.....

http://combatoptical.com/catalog/AK47-SKS-...DAPTOR-129.html

Whats the advantage of this new one over the one on the above webpage?

Don't they already make a no screw break for the saiga? Here is one that is available right now for less than $6.....

Whats the advantage of this new one over the one on the above webpage?

From what I have seen at many different websites, the set screw type like the ones you showed tend to fly off when shooting, also you have to drill into the barrel a bit to make a spot for the screws to sit in, they back out or something, but I guess a bit of lock tight could fix that, but I dunno, still requires to cut the shroud off and drill some holes.

Ahh, thanks!

I just ordered a saiga last week and I was gonna buy one of those! maybe Ill wait till this one comes out. Whats the price from DPH Arms???

A previous post in this thread mentioned them being in the $40 to $50 range, I am going to wait as well, see how the new ones look cause if they are good and they wont fly off the barrel, no cutting, no drilling required then I will definitely be getting one. I have had my 7.62x39 SAIGA for about 3 years now, had it as is for a year then did the conversion but now wanting to do more to it. Too bad the price of the ammo has gone up so much, if I had known I would have bought like a dozen 1,000 round cases at $65, which is how much I got my first 1000 round case for!

Ahh, thanks!

I just ordered a saiga last week and I was gonna buy one of those! maybe Ill wait till this one comes out. Whats the price from DPH Arms???

A previous post in this thread mentioned them being in the $40 to $50 range, I am going to wait as well, see how the new ones look cause if they are good and they wont fly off the barrel, no cutting, no drilling required then I will definitely be getting one. I have had my 7.62x39 SAIGA for about 3 years now, had it as is for a year then did the conversion but now wanting to do more to it. Too bad the price of the ammo has gone up so much, if I had known I would have bought like a dozen 1,000 round cases at $65, which is how much I got my first 1000 round case for!

there is only one direction for the price of ammo to go now. its never a bad time to buy ammo :smoke:

i like this brake, if the price is right i'll be ordering one

Our first design was a set screw type and one trip to the range let us know that set screws were NOT the way to go. It flew off after 3 rounds. Our next design was a collett design and it did much better. It lasted about 75 rounds. The collett is the way to go but you still have to keep it from moving forward as the gases come out of the barrel. We have fixed that now but it is a little "cluncky" looking and we are working to clean it up some.

Scott

Our first design was a set screw type and one trip to the range let us know that set screws were NOT the way to go. It flew off after 3 rounds. Our next design was a collett design and it did much better. It lasted about 75 rounds. The collett is the way to go but you still have to keep it from moving forward as the gases come out of the barrel. We have fixed that now but it is a little "cluncky" looking and we are working to clean it up some.

Scott

Well glad to see the delay is tue to testing issues and that work is being done on it! Hope we have it soon!

There is always a better way...........Right? I would like to run one of these through the ringer, for me personally 500rds minimum, then i'll trust something. I have learned one thing about firearms and gunsmithing,the oldfarts did shit one way because it lasts. If you want to be sure that a brake will stay put, thread and weld it in place.

• 2 weeks later...
There is always a better way...........Right? I would like to run one of these through the ringer, for me personally 500rds minimum, then i'll trust something. I have learned one thing about firearms and gunsmithing,the oldfarts did shit one way because it lasts. If you want to be sure that a brake will stay put, thread and weld it in place.

Yep, I'm still waiting for a cold weekend (indoor weather) to tackle the project of cutting off my fubar'd slip-on brake along with the barrel shroud and threading the barrel like I sould have the first time. Or I might take the gun into work and press off the front sight and replace it with a threaded model.

Is there any word if this is coming to market soon?

Rest assured they ARE coming to market. We have completed the new design and we are in the testing phase. We do not want these coming off. I hope to have some to sell in a couple of weeks. We had a few other projects already started when we discovered the problem with the original design of the brake. Here is a sneak peak of what else we are working on for the 7.62,.223. and the .308. The 12 ga will be shortly after these.

Scott

of course it will be black.

saiga%20quad.jpg

I think that would look nicer with just the bottom half...

I assume you are talking about one that is like this one we are working on for the 12ga. The rifle one will have the option of ordering it as a tri rail or a quad rail.

Scott

saiga%2012%20quad%20rail.jpg

That looks nice. Only 12ga or do you have them for the other models?

He answered that question in that same post.

I assume you are talking about one that is like this one we are working on for the 12ga. The rifle one will have the option of ordering it as a tri rail or a quad rail.

Scott

saiga%2012%20quad%20rail.jpg

I'm definitely in for one of those when the rifle version comes out!