Anyone Have an E-tac Saiga on Order?

I was wondering who in this forum has an E-tac saiga 12 on order? I have had mine on order for several months and I know that the owner, Esteban, has been running slightly behind in this production. Has anyone heard from him? I tried calling him on his cell several times with no success. I was just curious if anyone has talked to him and knows where he is in the production status.

I sent mine in to him like march 2nd. So I am coming up on almost 4 mons. I know he isnt even close to being done either, because he was supposed to call me about some final stuff i wanted done befor it was painted and stuff. I tried to call a couple mons ago to find out what was up, and couldnt get replies at all, then i waited another month and got through to him, he said he was running behind, now another month has gone by. I figure it will eventually be ready, but it is taking way longer than the one month quoted build time.

CJG

I've had one on order since mid-march but I changed a few things and I'm having some non-standard things done. I think you should have posted this in the E-TAC section instead of the saiga-12 section. In that section he posted an order status update on June 6th. I know that he has changed from the batch orders to individual orders with individual completion dates, probably because of too many custom requests and an increase in business. I'm sure Esteban is doing his best to get the guns shipped out, try posting in his section or sending him a PM.

Edited by bigj480

Everybody just chill and let the man work.

All firearm customizations I've ever dealt with took longer than first quoted. Esteban has good business ethics and does excellent work. Nobody is going to get screwed. Everyone will get their S-12 back eventually. Patience grasshopper. ;)

E-Tac has a pile of options available, which doesn't help the speed any....then couple that up with one-off requests. That's just a nightmare. I am not surprised he is behind with that type of business setup.

Tony

I'm not here to pile on but it has taken much longer than I expected.

I have my shotgun at Etac now. He has had it since the first week of January. I have made no changes to configuration since sending it in.

As far as I can tell, delivery dates have been pretty fluid. I'm not worried about getting it back but it has been disappointing to see the delivery date slip several times.

Personally I think that with all the other conversion shops booked for several months/years Etac got most of the overflow business from this last shipment of Saigas. Esteban seems to be a perfectionist (which is a good thing) but it is not at all conducive to cranking out high volumes of work, plus people make changes after sending it in and that probably cocks up the work too.

After seeing photos of his work on leolands shotgun, it is definitely of a very high quality. I was thinking about it today and came to the conclusion that this time next year I probably won't even remember the wait but I'll still be satisfied with the work. Certainly better than the converse of that!

The best way I've found to contact him is either via email, or if that fails use the Etac forum on this website. He is pretty responsive there. EtacForum

Edited by fnshooter
After seeing photos of his work on leolands shotgun, it is definitely of a very high quality. I was thinking about it today and came to the conclusion that this time next year I probably won't even remember the wait but I'll still be satisfied with the work. Certainly better than the converse of that!

Me and my brother (LelandEOD) have been running the crap out of that gun and let me tell you, it is totally worth the wait. I have a Tromix micro and I can say that Lee's E-Tac conversion is on the same level of quality. The top rail is beautifully blended with the HK front sight. The TG and extended mag release are milled steel. The overall quality is excellent which is why I refer so many people to him. Yes, he's swamped. Give it time and try not to think about it, that way when it finally shows up it will be a pleaseant surprise. :D