PM sent Huck.

Cobra, my apologies, seems thats all I get done on this forum is apologize. I need to learn how to make a post without pissing someone off. It was not my intent to attack or be disrspctful. Just thought that thread was closed. PEACE

Nice thing about a forum is that you can type your post, reread it several times, and change what you think needs to be changed to keep from pissing people off before you hit the submit button. Its not that hard to do if you really try.

I have managed to only get growled at a couple of times since I have been here, not so much for what I said but for bringing up topics that had just caused a lot of crap and I didnt realize it, and I have a God given talent of sticking my foot in my mouth after my brain has ceased to function but my fingers are still typing. If I can stay out of trouble, anyone can.

Of course there are guys here that live to poke the bear through the bars with a stick until they get the big black paw. :lolol:

Once again, all you said makes sense. If some of the ones that like to stir the pot, would read your input, they could learn how to give constructive criticism and move on rather than start a firestorm.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waltham makes a very good point about walking away and leaving your post or a while, possibly even overnight if you are steamed enough at the time, then reading it again later before actually posting it. My Irish temper gets flared pretty easy sometimes and I try to do that when it's an option. It can really help keep you from putting your foot in your mouth or being overly rude.

Unfortunately though, when you are a Mod and part of your job is to nip shit in the bud before it has a chance to spiral out of control, you have to go ahead and have your say while the storm is still brewing, or by the time you wait to cool down, it's WAY beyond control. Those are the times when you might see me post something that could have been worded better or been less of a smackdown.

I could bring up the buried thread... If my actions are under scrutiny.

I used no foul language and issued no warning. Still, it appears people want to act jilted and play "victim".

Or by even implying "Others" are stirring the pot with the spoon in their hand.

Corps is spelled with a capital C.

I could bring up the buried thread... If my actions are under scrutiny.

I used no foul language and issued no warning. Still, it appears people want to act jilted and play "victim".

Or by even implying "Others" are stirring the pot with the spoon in their hand.

Corps is spelled with a capital C.

Just trying to be a team player with positive thoughts. Thanks for the correction. Do not want any replays and was not referring to you. PEACE

My take on this forum is that you will get a lot more out of the place by being a team player and even if you dont agree, being civil.

There is actually a fight club where you can argue to your hearts content.

I don't know if a mod would feel compelled to go there and argue with a person about forum rules, after all they enforce the rules and there is not much to argue about there.

And Makc is the owner of the forum, as far as I'm concerned its his house and his rules, whether I agree with them or not.

Cobra is right, a mod does not have the luxury of being able to wait until they cool off before addressing an issue and sometimes they may say things they later wish they had said differently. By then the thread may have gotten really ugly and out of control. They are human like the rest of us. Not an excuse for them, just a fact.

I haven't seen a new thread in the fight club in a while, maybe someone needs to go there and set an example for the newer guys? ;)

Very true, that is how I try to lead my life.

I also am that way on the net. Just because a person is safe behind a monitor does not give them the right to act like a jackass. :smoke:

The difference here is that a whole lot of us know each other personally, so it add another level to the drama/fun/kidding.

And I do think that more chain yanking goes on here than real flaming.

It is just too easy to misinterpret things posted on an internet forum and some people overreact.....

Thats true Will, the chain yanking is fun to watch, the only problem is a lot of us newer guys have not been here long enough to know when to add to a chain yanking or to leave it alone because it is getting serious. Sometimes a hard call to make.

That comes with being around here for a while I guess. :)

From what I've heard on here, No one has ever gotten their refund. They have requested it, just haven't gotten it. Does anyone have Mike's number down in the Bahamas? With all the money he has of ours I figure that's where he is. It is a real shame he doesn't have 3 minutes a week to tell all the people he owes what is going on. I hear that there is no news. Sorry, when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars of someone elses money, there is always news. It might be more delays, but he owes us that. It is real noble that all of his friends answer for him, but where is he? He isn't any busier than the rest of us. I do hope that the drums eventually come, maybe my great grandchildren can get some use from it.

OMG, how dare you question the messiah of the drums....don't you know that questioning is not allowed here? Man, I'm with you.. 1 simple email or post from the guy would go a long way but dont expect any love now for having expressed your feelings.

I just couldnt imagine this going to court....

From what I've heard on here, No one has ever gotten their refund. They have requested it, just haven't gotten it. Does anyone have Mike's number down in the Bahamas? With all the money he has of ours I figure that's where he is. It is a real shame he doesn't have 3 minutes a week to tell all the people he owes what is going on. I hear that there is no news. Sorry, when you have hundreds of thousands of dollars of someone elses money, there is always news. It might be more delays, but he owes us that. It is real noble that all of his friends answer for him, but where is he? He isn't any busier than the rest of us. I do hope that the drums eventually come, maybe my great grandchildren can get some use from it.

OMG, how dare you question the messiah of the drums....don't you know that questioning is not allowed here? Man, I'm with you.. 1 simple email or post from the guy would go a long way but dont expect any love now for having expressed your feelings.

You said:

Does anyone have a status report on the drums?

Ordered 10 with the first production run, and added a second set of 10 but now two of my customers are contemplating a refund due to the wait. Just trying to figure out if they are about to ship at any moment like the email said or what?

Any info appreciated.

Oh shit, its the guy that sold drums that aren't made yet, to a bunch of customers. I say, pay them back their money, they will leave you alone. Oh.... and quit crying, it disgusting.

Edited by Berszerk