Ace stock hits charging handle?

When folded, the ace stock is in the path of the charging handle! Now, I know that I can adjust the stock to hang lower and clear, but still.. Has anybody turned up their handle with a mapp torch so its out of the way like the romanian ak74 folders?

Is there another solution besides never firing the rifle without it folded or making it fold left?

AP

When folded, the ace stock is in the path of the charging handle! Now, I know that I can adjust the stock to hang lower and clear, but still.. Has anybody turned up their handle with a mapp torch so its out of the way like the romanian ak74 folders?

Is there another solution besides never firing the rifle without it folded or making it fold left?

AP

flip it so it folds to the left.

Never fold AK stock to the charging handle side.

Why would anyone go on the right side of an AK anyways...

However, that raises another question. What if you are using dual mags with a mag coupler? Wouldn't a folder complicate things?

Edited by quikz

However, that raises another question. What if you are using dual mags with a mag coupler? Wouldn't a folder complicate things?

I like my sling swivels on the same side and if I mount optics, I want to retain the ability to fold--also, the stock tends to hit my ribs if I fold it left..

AP

I like my sling swivels on the same side and if I mount optics, I want to retain the ability to fold--also, the stock tends to hit my ribs if I fold it left..

AP

My ACE stock folds to the left and will still clear an optics mount attached to the side rail. The sling swivels are both on the left too. As Bob Ash noted, left-folding is the standard for AKs. However, I understand if that just isn't how you want it.

Why not?