Thought I would share with you about this product that at first like everything info-mmercial must be total crap, but found out it's quite great! My buddy had one as a kid and bought another one a couple months ago to use in kayaks. I kinda chuckled but ended up Googling it and found all great reviews. Walgreens has them for $19.99 so I bought one. They work great! They had one left so i went back and bought that too! I hooked into a large bass and did really well but the fish spit the hook before landed. No jams, backlashes, bird nests or anything! I can't say the same for my regular open face spinning reals of quality (and expensive) design! You aren't going to land a marlin on it, but bass and such its great sport and would be awesome in a bug out bag. Check em out! :up:

Dude... They may work great for FRESH water fish... BUT they aren't for shit on inland (or coastal) salty's... I bought one (After seeing Ron Propell land a huge bass on TV) thinking I'd grab a huge Red, Black drum, mackeral, baracuda, reasonable sharks (I am of the JAWS generation)... anything... But DAMN!... I broke four of the on their first time out thinking the same thing... Anything bigger than 1lb is toast for this thing... They ain't made for salt water (or aggressive freshwater) fish... and that's all I have 'round here...

Better served by a trott line or huge net or a box of grenades and a 14-18' john boat.... :ded:

Oh! and a shotgun comes in handy on the water 'round here too.... (but not a Saiga - to distructive on semi's - even AK types... )

Macbeau sends...

yeah, I hear not for salties for sure. Can't land a great white on it, but come to think of it, you can't land a great white on any on my standard fishing gear I have either. I live near Lake Erie and all we have is smaller stuff,except for catfish or the rare sturgeon that is protected anyway. If I live near ocean, i would have a fishing pole that was thick as a baseball bat and had a real the size of a truck winch on it :super:

• 2 weeks later...
This large mouth bass I landed today :smoke:

Where is it?

All I see is bait....oh...THAT's the fish!

Just kidding man. I do a good amount of surf fishing on the Atlantic when I can get away from the wife and kids. The pocket fisherman would be good for the lakes around me but I prefer being on the beach.

I shit you not, on my 5th or 6th birthday I caught a snapping turtle on one of those. I dont remember exactly how big he was, maybe a 5 gallon bucket around or so, but I remember his claw seemed as big as my fingers, I was pretty scared of it at the time....... I think mine was like a dark crappy blue color though. I fished the hell out of that little thing

• 3 weeks later...

Newest update on that Pocket Fisherman. I have tried everything to make it not work and it still is going! Caught some good sized bass on it but looking for a real test catching steelhead trout this fall. :devil: I took it kayak trolling and it worked awesome, even after my snagging trees and stuff and it rolling around in the bottom of a wet kayak. Really light lures you do not the distance casts you would with a real pole but put a little heavier lure on and you can wing it really far. (1/16th ounce jigs and stuff like that). Hasn't jammed not even once! Who woulda thunk it! :super:

• 2 weeks later...