What's a good, very inexpensive discreet rifle case???

What's a good, very inexpensive discreet rifle case, for a 7.62 w/ 16" barrel???

Was looking for something that is DISCREET. No big black case and compact enough to JUST fit my Saiga with the 16" barrel and FIXED stock?

Thanks!

how "discreet" do you want it? I mean, if you want "covert" you can always roll it up in a sleeping bag, just looks like you go camping alot ;)

EDIT: i got my bags from midway USA, they send out a flyer from time to time with sales and i picked up 2 rifle bags for 30 bucks, pretty good i think....

Edited by Vultite

The garment bag sounds like a good idea. I think it depends upon where you are going with it and how many times you need to be "discrete". If it would fit, a golf club bag with the top cover on would work, but this would not be inexpensive. For high end use, the hard plastic/composite closed travel bags for golf clubs would be perfect. All onlookers would just assume you are going golfing.

WJ

legal disclaimer: My suggestions are made only for use by law abiding persons for legitimate purposes. lol

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • 2 months later...
What's a good, very inexpensive discreet rifle case, for a 7.62 w/ 16" barrel???

Was looking for something that is DISCREET. No big black case and compact enough to JUST fit my Saiga with the 16" barrel and FIXED stock?

Thanks!

There is a guy on here that goes by the handle Vermiform. His Saiga is a folder and he has it packed into a Violin case. It looks pretty cool in my opinion, if you planing on having a folding stock on you conversion anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

hands down go for a soft electric guitar case.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...-Bag?sku=545116

Better yet, buy a cheap'ish guitar package, teach yourself to play guitar, and use the free case it comes with to haul your rifle to your car when you go to the range. If you slide a piece of foam between them, my saiga and my ruger 10/22 with a reddot fit side by side in a standard size (fender strat size) electric guitar bag....can't beat that.

-rf

The garment bag sounds like a good idea. I think it depends upon where you are going with it and how many times you need to be "discrete". If it would fit, a golf club bag with the top cover on would work, but this would not be inexpensive. For high end use, the hard plastic/composite closed travel bags for golf clubs would be perfect. All onlookers would just assume you are going golfing.

WJ

legal disclaimer: My suggestions are made only for use by law abiding persons for legitimate purposes. lol

http://www.golfdiscount.com/products/caddy...golf-travel-bag

Any one up for a round of rifle/shotgun golf? :lolol::super: Good call Warrior Judge! I am considering taking up golfing.