Anyone try a RDP-II on a 12?

Don't know if i can give a link to it or not. Micro red dot. Fits up to doctor mounting plates at an affordable price. Trying to see if anyone has tried it or not and what your thoughts are.

Are you referring to these Chinese made Doctor Optics copies?

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/cnde...ht-RDP-II-.html

I have never owned one, but they supposedly go through batteries pretty quickly, which means your going to have to rezero after each battery change for slugs.

I have however run a Burris Fast Fire on my Saiga 12 and it survived the MGM Ironman just fine. For as much as an RDP-II would run ya, I would just add $30 or $40 and get the Fast Fire. The Fast Fire fits Doctor Optic mounting bases AND it has an On / Off switch which helps preserve battery life.

Those are my thoughts...

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

member3941.png

Yeah, I agree with ^^^^. I got one of the chinese knockoffs and after shooting it twice the recoil of the s-12 made it go off and on. It would be off then after another shot it would be on. It also does go through batteries faster than a fat ugly girls vibrator. I must have put 4 different sets of batteries in it. It would just die for no reason, even with the cover on it. Put your money towards a burris.

theres 50 cheap chinese companies that make those knock offs. Think Victor worked with someone to make a specific one. Lots of the chinese ones that come here are marketed for airsoft in asia.

I have one of Victor's RDPs on my Bulgarian 5.45 krink. So far it's been a perfectly good red dot. I'm not sure I'd try it on something with the recoil of an S12 though.

I asked Vic if his was the same as listed on the made in China link and this was his reply......

We've been asked this before...No problem. We use our own tested LED's in the RDP's and this is the reason ours is very bright. The is not the same unit, different LED. Hope this helps.

Vic

I put a Burris Fastfire on one S-12 and the thing started having problems immediately. The dot kept going off and on every few shots.

Tony

HUH??? Mine is still going strong. I moved it back to an AR as I am running a Leupold Prismatic on the S 12 now. Did you send it back to Burris?

I have one on an ar-15. Got it from Vic at TNV.

Nice sight, but does eat batteries. Replace every 1-2 months.

No on/off switch. It will get replaced instead of the battery soon....

One to Two month battery life huh... that's special. The Burris (granted it has an On/Off switch) is still on the original battery a year later. IMHO if your going to use a mini red dot as your primary optic, the battery should last a little while. Re zeroing for slugs every couple of months would completely SUCK ! ! !

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

Edited by IPSC_GUY

My RDP copy is not very bright in sunlight. I had to double up the batteries. Took out the CR2032 and replaced with two CR2016. Of course I had to paint the edge of the first one to prevent contact with ground.

Now it is acceptable in bright sunlight.

I don't particularly care about replacing the batteries, but haven't had to replace in a month.

It is interesting how well the optic body is machined. With a little more effort, it will be a world beater.

Edited by oldandslow