Classic S12 order problem

Bummer,

WE WILL BE CLOSED MONDAY SEPT 1ST FOR LABOR DAY.

TODAY IS FRIDAY 08/29/2008

YES WE ARE TECHNICALLY CLOSED ON FRIDAYS , BUT WE CAME IN TODAY TO GET ALL OF OUR ORDERS CAUGHT UP AND CLEAR OUT ALL OF OUR SHIPPING THAT WAS PENDING. THAT IS WHEN WE DISCOVERED

OUR SAIGA 12 GAUGE NIGHTMARE.

OOPS - WHAT A MESS

ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON WE RECEIVED 18 PIECES OF WHAT WERE MARKED ON THE MASTER BOXES, AND INVOICED ON OUR PAPERWORK, AS SAIGA 12 GAUGE SHOTGUNS. WE WERE SO EXCITED TO GET THESE IN THAT WE HURRIEDLY BUILT THE AD AND RAN THEM ON THE WEBSITE AND WITHIN 4 HOURS THURSDAY MORNING THEY WERE ALL GONE. WHEN WE BROKE INTO THE MASTER BOXES THIS MORNING TO START SHIPPING AND FILLING ALL THE ORDERS WE WERE HORRIFIED TO FIND THAT WE ONLY HAS 3 SAIGA 12 GAUGE SHOTGUNS. THE REMAININING UNITS WERE ALL .308 CALIBER SAIGAS.

WE HAVE SHIIPED THE FIRST 3 ORDERS THAT CAME IN ON THE 12 GAUGES. UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO THE MISTAKE WE DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO FILL THE OTHER ORDERS AT THIS TIME. WE ARE SORRYAND WILL BEGIN NOTIFYING FOLKS BY PHONE ON TUESDAY.

ON THE OTHER HAND. WE DO HAVE SOME SAIGA .308 CALIBER RIFLES IN STOCK NOW. THEY ARE GREAT RIFLES, AND I AM PROUD TO HAVE THEM IN INVENTORY, THEY ARE SIMPLY NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED OR ADVERTISED. WE WERE ABLE TO ARRANGE SOME SPECIAL PRICING THOUGH DUE TO THE MIX UP SO ANYONE WHO WANTS ONE OF THESE CAN GET ONE FOR NOW AT $479.95...

NOW IF YOU ALL WILL PARDON ME, I AM GOING TO GO WRITE IDIOT ON MY FOREHEAD AND STAND ON THE STREETCORNER FOR A WHILE.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

I am not usually a dick. But that is fucking bullshit.

Now I have to wait for my $600 bucks to get refunded, while you enjoy your holiday weekend. (21 others too, unless they didnt even have the 3)

Couldnt call on friday and get it done? Could OPEN the fucking boxes and LOOK inside to see what your selling??

I know Ive heard good things about classic, and Im sure a few of you will defend them. But that is complete bullshit, I dont care how you look at it.

Edited by gripnS12

Sounds like the shortage affected at least 15 people. After watching this market

for a couple of years now, I've learned that "A Saiga-12 in hand is worth at least

several hundred that are listed for sale on the internet." Now we can add to that

"Never count your Saiga-12s until you've opened the box." :(

I am not usually a dick. But that is fucking bullshit.

Now I have to wait for my $600 bucks to get refunded, while you enjoy your holiday weekend. (21 others too, unless they didnt even have the 3)

Couldnt call on friday and get it done? Could OPEN the fucking boxes and LOOK inside to see what your selling??

I know Ive heard good things about classic, and Im sure a few of you will defend them. But that is complete bullshit, I dont care how you look at it.

No. That is not bullshit.

It'd be bullshit if they were trying to scam people, but they obviously just made a mistake. They got a little excited and jumped the gun.

Jeez man. Chill the fuck out.

I would be inclined to provide Ben a little slack. He is, after all, walking around this weekend with "idiot" on this forehead. I don't think he charges your card until it ships. He may put a query on it, but the card is actually charged when the exact shipping amount is tallied upon shipment. Some members over at WarriorTalk thought they had an order on the way also.

"ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON WE RECEIVED 18 PIECES OF WHAT WERE MARKED ON THE MASTER BOXES, AND INVOICED ON OUR PAPERWORK, AS SAIGA 12 GAUGE SHOTGUNS."

That sounds like someone else's fuckup to me. :unsure:

Be easy on Ben. Ive known him for years and he doesnt "scam" people. hes been through alot of crap and had plent of people stab him in the back. Ive bought ALOT from Ben. Yes Im partial becasue hes abotu 10 minutes down the road.

Then again he could have out these on the table at local shows and not deal with internet shipping, etc etc. Which would you rather he have done?

Its not his fault.

Thank you Borsig. I deal with these guys at every gunshow here in Raleigh, and they are among the nicest people there.

Aside from having a great selection, they have great prices and service. It sucks to see good people like that shat on all because a mistake was made in shipping and somebody had to wait a little longer for an S-12.

You guys are not the only ones I have heard say Ben is a top notch guy.

Infact, I have only read good things including standing by his word, charging a fair price, and making things good with his customers.

That says alot. It is human nature to spread a negative business encounter (such as crappy meal at a restaurant or getting ripped off). So the fact that I see people standing up for him speaks well of him and his business.

I bought my first Saiga from Ben at the local gun show. One of the benefits of

living in NC that I didn't realize at the time. I later called and bought one of those

AES10s from them. They were prompt and courteous. They billed when they

shipped the one I ordered over the phone.

I think one other problem that Ben faced in all this is since his paperwork said

he got 18 S12s, the poor guy probably got billed for 18 S12s. He likely had his own

problems with his distributor to sort out over the holiday weekend.

Ben is great. I ordered a Romy G from him several months back. What I got was in less than stellar shape. Based on my experience with other vendors, I really dreaded "the call" and trying to explain that the rifle was not to the described standards. When I called, Ben apologized profusely. He said that one of his workers accidentally shipped out to customers a stack of rifles that were supposed to have been sent back to the manufacturer. He completely made everything right and sent me a couple of extra mags for my troubles. I would not hesitate using him in the future. You have to take his website postings with a grain of salt but besides that he is one of the best dealers I have come across.

funny thing about ben is, when you meet him the stuff on the site doesnt really match his personality lol.

But Ive been to plenty of shows here in NC, My best friend owns CMPArmory. There are guys that will Shaft you in a heartbeat to make a buck. Some of these gusy still Do shows and are still in business when they should be in the Federal Pen, for screwing over my friends..

Ben Is not one of them. Neither Is Scott. I can still remember buying my first AK from Ben years ago.

Ben said the individual boxes he received were even labeled as Saiga 12 shotguns.

As part of the process for preparing them for shipment they add bubble wrap to the

packing material to make sure the guns make it to it to their final destination in good

shape. It was during this process that someone noticed the barrel of the firearm they

were working with was smaller than the previous one. They found the 308 rifles in

the boxes with the serial numbers that matched the S/N tags on the boxes but they

were not Saiga 12 shotguns as marked on the boxes or on the invoice. So the

manufacturer appears to have made the mistake of putting the wrong things in the

wrong boxes or mislabeling the boxes. Not the fault of Classic nor RAAC (unless

RAAC is responsible for putting the model number stickers on the boxes). I suspect

both of them were probably charged for Saiga 12s.

I would say that Ben should be credited with noticing the mix-up and stopping it before

shipping it to and charging the end customer. How many people would have appreciated

receiving a .308 Saiga for the price of a Saiga 12 shotgun?

Wonder if some shotguns ended up in .308 boxes somewhere else in the world? :cryss:

I was one of the ones who got caught up in the mess as well as my father. I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't disappointed when my father called me and told me what was posted on the site that Friday! I had been wanting to order one for quite sometime but had held off for whatever reasons. So needless to say the excitement of having one on the way left me pretty quickly.

Then I got a hold of Ben on the phone and he explained the situation. After that phone conversation I was completely put at ease. Ben was throughly apologetic and assured me I would not be charged and would be placed on the list to receive one in my place on the order as soon as they got more. Not a problem I told him and asked when he thought the next shipment might be. He said he really couldn't put an exact date on it but said your probably looking at 30-45 days. No big deal the zombies haven't attacked yet! Then to my surprise I got a phone call last Friday saying they received 5 more and I was up for one if I still wanted one! You know what my answer was and the rest is history! Looking forward to the call from my FFL sometime this week!

I don't blame Ben, Classic or anyone else. Things happen, and Classic did exactly what they needed to do to fix it! So relax and enjoy life. Its not the end of the world. So many people now-a-days are so uptight and ready to over dramatize anything they can. Leave the drama on the TV and to the Democrat's.

Nuff said. Off soap box and by the way Hello to all this is my first post and there will be many more as I start my Saiga-12 journey! I have gotten a lot of helpful info from this forum so far! Thanks