Windage Adjustment

I never can remember which way you move a front sight to adjust windage! :unsure:

I need my groups to go right of where they are now.

Front sight goes the same direction that you need your groups to go (this is assuming looking down the barrel with a normal sight picture). Rear sight goes opposite direction of the way you need your groups to go. If you can't remember, draw a straight line on paper. Put where you want your groups to be and then some sight marks at the begining of the line. This will indicate which way you should move your sights to get a new straight line to your grouping.

Easy.... Looking at the firearm from the rear.

Gun shooting left and you want to move your shots to the right.

Rear sight has to be moved to the right

or

Front sight has to be move to the left

Gun shooting right and you want to move your shots to the left

Rear sight has to be moved to the left

or

Front sight has to be moved to the right

Hope this helps... One of the above posts has it all wrong and will make you crazy if you do it his way at the range. :unsure:

John

Edited by JohnNYPD
Easy.... Looking at the firearm from the rear.

Gun shooting left and you want to move your shots to the right.

Rear sight has to be moved to the right

or

Front sight has to be move to the left

Gun shooting right and you want to move your shots to the left

Rear sight has to be moved to the left

or

Front sight has to be moved to the right

Hope this helps... One of the above posts has it all wrong and will make you crazy if you do it his way at the range. :unsure:

John

This one makes sense!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Sounds like your front sight base was pinned on crooked. I bought 2 7.62 X 39's together and they were both spot on at 100 yrds. I took it out to around 225 yrds off hand, all my shots were dancing around a 8"X 8"steel plate. There was nother dude that had a X 39 same with his. There have been reports of the FSB pinned incorrectly.

First post!

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=307

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=307&page=1

The rear sights with windage have gone in and out of stock at k-var. I'm not sure where else you would find one and they are out of stock at the moment, but I bought one there a few months back. It was out of stock when I first checked, then more came in, now it looks like they're out again. It stands to reason that the shipment from which I bought wasn't the last shipment ever, so keep tabs on that sight page at k-var and you should eventually get what you need.

I believe the aftermarket mojo or williams peep has windage, and if tech-sights ever releases their AK sight that would probably be another option. I would hold out for the windage sight from k-var if you want an authentic AK design.

Edited by nexus
Is the front sight base crooked? If it is well get it fixed. If its not........not sure dude. I don't think i've seen any after market drift adjustable rear sights.

I think it's OK, it's straight up and down, think I'll open up the slot in the rear sight and just put the front post to that side when aiming.

Is the front sight base crooked? If it is well get it fixed. If its not........not sure dude. I don't think i've seen any after market drift adjustable rear sights.

I think it's OK, it's straight up and down, think I'll open up the slot in the rear sight and just put the front post to that side when aiming.

That aint right, where did you get the rifle from. Shop, private party? Call RAA send it back and make them fix it.

Talked to a guy at RAA, he said to send it to him and they would replace it! I told him I really don't want to let go of it and he's trying to find me an adjustable rear sight. Very nice of them I must say!! If he can't find one I may have to go with optics sooner than I had planned.

Send it back, there might be something really wrong. I know a dude who sent in,he got a brand new rifle delivered to his house. (I don't think that's exactly legal here in Cali) Hell they might throw in some mags,has the rifle been converted?

Send it back, there might be something really wrong. I know a dude who sent in,he got a brand new rifle delivered to his house. (I don't think that's exactly legal here in Cali) Hell they might throw in some mags,has the rifle been converted?

I don't want to have to pay to transfer and ship it.

No, it's not had anything done to it yet.

Usally what they do is, send you a shipping label in the mail or e mail it to you and print and ship. There is no transfer fee's for gunsmith work or factory warrenty work. Long arms are no problem right to your door. Hand guns must be shipped 24hr overnight only. The guy I know was actually shipped a brand new rifle. Cali law states new firearms must be logged in the D.R.O.S.(dealer record of sale) system.

If they return your rifle back to you, no fees. It's the same as if you sent it out for refinishing.

Edited by SJgunguy24

Now that I think about it. When that gun was manufactured,I wonder if the barrel and front trunnion aren't lined up correctly. Thats the only thing I can think of that would make it shoot that bad. Was it grouping but shooting way right? Or just all over?

Edited by SJgunguy24

Send it back. I'm thinkin' something isn't lined up. If your running out of adjustment at 25yds the gun's gotta go. Like I said, it sounds like a barrel/trunnion issue. Rear sight is mounted on the trunnion and front sight on the barrel. Those should line up pretty fukn close.

I don't want to have to pay to transfer and ship it.

No, it's not had anything done to it yet.

There is no such thing as a "transfer fee" for sending your gun off for repair.

You can send it directly to any FFL holding gunsmith/manufacturer for repair.

Under the law, it can be sent directly back to you after it has been repaired (so no fees there, either).

Just got back from the range. They had built a table at 50 yards since I had been there last!!

Here's the target. One group of 10 fired from a rest one at a time. Note; I could barely see the red bullseye from 50 yards!!

Second group fired unsupported rapid fire.

No so bad I guess. The red circle is only 1 3/4"

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/L...SaigaTarget.jpg

post-12193-1222199894_thumb.jpg

Edited by lonerider
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, called RAA, they said to send it back and they would replace it!

Called UPS to pick it up...they won't, said I would have to take it to a 'service center" since it's a firearm! The nearest one is 70 miles away! Called RAA back and they said they would call UPS and have it picked up on them. Monday the UPS Driver shows up and since I didn't have the correct UPS Label he couldn't pick it up :evil: Called RAA again, now they are Mad too!! said they would strighten it up. Driver comes to deliver my leather order and he knows nothing about picking the rifle up. alled RAA again, Now she's really MAD! Said she'll "Take Care of it". But since I'm going out of town to a shooting event I won't be here until next Monday. This could take awhile to get a new rifle :angry: