Saiga 12 with foward grip

better to use a picatinny rail,the front of the rail needs to be shimed down about a 1/4" to be level with the handgaurd, if this is a issue with you.A longer front screw will work for the front of the rail and can be screwed into the handgaurd screw attachment.The rear rail can use the bolt/screw that comes with the rail,a hole must be drilled in handgaurd for the rear.

post-2-1105290274.jpg

Edited by Pointer
Pointer, did you add a rail to the stock handguard, or have you found a replacement with an itergral rail?

I added the rail,i think it was a 4 1/2" one.The bayonet lug in that pic wasnt on yet.I have since cut the bottom half of a AR15 front site base with the lug and silver soldered it on.Someone on here is making a nice clamp on lug now,might want to check into that.

Diggler I measured with ruler and drill the begining and the end of the slot with drill big enough for that and then cut the rest of the slot with dremel tool then file it with flat file , it took awhile to do it . My bbl used to be 22" I cut it down to 18.5". The gun shot fine with magnum round and heavy load but will not cycle with light target load. I going to enlarge the gas holes when I have free time.

post-2-1105485718.jpg