Man, no one told me that putting the FCG in is the worst part

Did my cheapo conversion yesterday finally. I was thinking on doing either a slant cut romy trigger guard like Cobra's (have the parts already) but I just didn't feel like drilling holes in my first Saiga conversion. So I bought the Tomix (HEY, I know have some REAL parts on my gun!) trigger guard, gas piston, and the saw grip. I spent a few hours working on this badboy and now that its done, I'm pleased as punch!!

I am planning on putting a different stock on or possibly just painting one of my spare wood ones with a flat black of some sort, maybe bedliner material to match the rest of the gun.

The thing that was a nightmare was getting the bolt open hold parts in place along with the modified trigger group. Are there any tricks to getting those parts together without cursing for a while??

And why didn't anyone tell me that I had to modify the hammer before it would fit? LOL

Oh well, it is done for now and I'm happy.

Next up is the front sight, shark brake, and galil handguard mods. Yeah, they aren't anything SUPER speical but still will make my gun look spiffy.

Not sure what I'm going to do with my other 2 Saiga 12s. I think I will still do the slant cut Romy trigger guard and wood grips/stock on one and maybe just leave the other alone. Just not sure.

saiga1.jpg

saiga2.jpg

saiga3.jpg

i was thinking....it isnt the trigger thats a bitch, its the hammer and spring. well, at least to me it is. the spring digs into my thumb before i wrap a short piece of wire around them and the top part of the hammer. just 4 or 5 wraps will do it.

but then i read tritiums post and realized what u meant. a guy i work with formed 2 pieces of metal together that hold the top of the BHO spring making installation a breeze. takes less time to put the trigger grp and the bho spring in than it does to put in the hammer and spring.

the guy i work with is a tinkerer and a welder...

seeing if he ever has time to make a batch.

Ugh, why? Please, do something about that stock and red dot. You'll be glad you did.

LOL

I don't have any other stocks in my stock of spare parts. I'm planning on scoping out the gun show this upcoming weekend and seeing if anything cool shows up.

What is wrong with the red-dot anyway? Its either that or nothing. I tried it at the indoor range today and it was kinda nifty.

But yeah, it is a work in progress, the stock is only temporary as it sits.

It's not the concept of the red dot that I don't like. I've got a PK-AS on mine and it's quite nice. I just think that you should go with something that could actually stand up to S12 recoil.

Meh. I bought the sidemount scope adapter for 20 bux at a gun show last year and it came with the free Millet red dot.

I will use it for as long as it works, if it breaks, I don't care, I didn't buy the scope adapter for the red dot, I bought it for the scope adapter so I could put something better on it one of these days.

I bought a Tapco set from the gunstore down the street from my house. 31 dollars. I didn't feel like digging in my stash of AK parts kits to find one of my G2 trigger sets.

I think all that the Tromix one is a ground down Tapco set but done much nicer than my Tapco.