Where is the thread that showed how to take the original off by cutting and then hammering? Original i mean by muzzle break.

Also, what is the right size that i should buy got the Saiga, is it threaded is it just snap on there, how does it work in the saiga??

Let me know guys, thanks.

I would also like to apologize for never providing any help to anyone, but rather ask for it all the time.

Ricky

Yes, actually. The front sight on the Saiga has a sleeve that extends to the end of the barrel that can be threaded for a muzzle brake. If you are planning to thread that sleeve, I would recommend paying VERY close attention to keeping the tool straight, or having a gunsmith thread your barrel because the muzzle brake must be perfectly straight on the barrel. I am also going to post some pics on how to mount a pin on style by cutting 1" off the sleeve. I hope to have this done and posted by friday. I hope this helps.

Yes, actually. The front sight on the Saiga has a sleeve that extends to the end of the barrel that can be threaded for a muzzle brake. If you are planning to thread that sleeve, I would recommend paying VERY close attention to keeping the tool straight, or having a gunsmith thread your barrel because the muzzle brake must be perfectly straight on the barrel. I am also going to post some pics on how to mount a pin on style by cutting 1" off the sleeve. I hope to have this done and posted by friday. I hope this helps.

thats is great news on you posting those pics.

This is something I have been thinking about trying.

I don't feel comfortable doing the threading myself, but I will do the cut & pin.

In MY opinion threading the sleeve over the barrel is the best option. It allows you to make the brake very tight and straight. It also makes it possible to interchange muzzle devices. But even though I have threaded hundreds of steel pieces at work, I dont trust my own hand enough to thread my own barrel. The threading would have to be perfectly straight or you run a risk of blowing the piece to bits. Welding has a potential to harm the alloys on the barrel from intense heat. There may be a 922® issue with a threaded barrel, but Im not 100% sure. You may want to ask one of the many wonderfully informed people on this site. I have also read that the muzzle brake with the large holes on the sides is the most effective at reducing recoil and maintaining accuracy. These are my opinions only and should not be considered gospel by anybody except Doerdie. I hope this helps.

There's a guy over on gunsnet I think that will rent you a tool for threading AK barrels. He's pretty resonable and from what I've read It's pretty easy if you follow directions,use cutting oil, and go slow. The very first guy who rented it did a perfect job and was done that night. It comes with an alignment tool that fits down your barrel and keeps it straight. Maybe it would work for the larger size of the fsb if you just used it with a different die. Email him and ask about it.

Hey, what about me? :rolleyes:

I believe the muzzle device has to be "permanantly attatched". This is my understanding, not the BATF's. If you do thread it on, I imagine you would still need to tack weld it to make it permanent. I have done tons of threading in my years but would still take it to a machinist rather than tackle it myself. The barrel guide sounds like the ticket. Its one thing to screw up a length of pipe, another to screw up the barrel. I wonder if you could get the FSB off after threading, or would it be better to take it off, thread it, then re-install? I suppose you could always cut it off (FSB) if it needed replacing later in life.

If Ishmash would just leave a bit more room up front this would be a mute point.

Luv u 2 Pistonring!

If you have not been to The gun's network site you should check it out. Great site. Lots of good info on all AK variants and more.

The guy who rents the threading kit's handle is wjm. Here's a link to his add on gunsnet.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.p...+threading+rent

This is a link to a thread showing lot's of satisfied customers.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224056

:blues:

DAMN IT:

I work for a wireless company is MN, our internet used to be accesable to anything, they added a stupid filter and now i can not go on any gun sites.

I am just looking for CDNN phone number because i can not access it from work.

Please help!!

Ricky!!

P.S. I also can't go to the threads of the guy that rents the threading porting!!

This sucks!!

If you have not been to The gun's network site you should check it out. Great site. Lots of good info on all AK variants and more.

The guy who rents the threading kit's handle is wjm. Here's a link to his add on gunsnet.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.p...+threading+rent

This is a link to a thread showing lot's of satisfied customers.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224056

:blues:

Cobra, I dont know who you are or what your motivation is to promote Gunsnet, and while Im sure you mean well, the reason so many other good AK related sites sprung up is because of people getting fed-up with Gunsnet and all their games. Now, I dont want to turn this into a "this board against that board" thread but I do want you to understand that many and I mean MANY of us here and elsewhere left Gunsnet and really dont have an interest in sending new "meat" to the wolves.

The www.akfiles.com board is a good example. Its loaded with great AK info and is much easier to navigate that Gunsnets new "x-box" themed forums. And guess what? Its fair and people treat you nice.

Gunco.net is small but getting around and of course this forum for the Saiag line.

Lots of good, solid, AK related websites offer everything Gunsnet does plus a whole lot more.