Consider This before Purchasing a Saiga 12ga

If you are thinking of purchasing a Saiga 12ga.

Would you buy a shotgun if you could not get parts for it?

If you do find parts in 3 or 4 months, the cost is massive would you not agree?

The only thing that fails the saiga, is parts cost $$$$$$ & how hard it is to find the parts.

Stu

P.S to be honest with you, I find this situation shocking

Edited by Stuart2

So far parts have been available through TANTAL (russ mill take offs) things like bolts and springs ect, and AK 74/Ak 100 parts fit most of the rest. I plan to shoot the hell out of mine for a LONG time. What I can't find I will make or adapt. Most of us here are the kind who like to play with their toys anyhow!

G O B

Hi Bvamp

1 Where have you ordered the parts from?

2 how long have you been waiting for the parts?

3 I have ordered some choke tubes about 6 to 8 months ago. Should be in the shop 1 to 2 more months.

stu

Edited by Stuart2

For $35 Tantal sold me a new Saiga-12 complete bolt, bolt carrier, recoil spring assembly & receiver cover. Most of the internals can use AK parts/springs, buttstock & pistol grip are std AK as well. Only thing unique to the Saiga-12 off the top of my head is the synthetic forend. I'm not worried about spare parts...

Tomac

For $35 Tantal sold me a new Saiga-12 complete bolt, bolt carrier, recoil spring assembly & receiver cover. Most of the internals can use AK parts/springs, buttstock & pistol grip are std AK as well. Only thing unique to the Saiga-12 off the top of my head is the synthetic forend. I'm not worried about spare parts...

Tomac

the only reason you got all that for $35 is cuz you send alot of business his way...it was a special deal just for you...for me he wants $58 for the same stuff....

Tomac

the only reason you got all that for $35 is cuz you send alot of business his way...it was a special deal just for you...for me he wants $58 for the same stuff....

If it was a "special deal" just for me then this is the first I've heard of it. Regardless, parts *are* available for the Saiga-12 (wish I could get parts for my NDM-86 Dragunovs!)

Tomac

Hey, if it works... why fix it.

If it shoots where you point the barrel, it works. What other parts might I need?

I think I should order a recoil buffer, but other than that... I go by the slogan, "One shot, one kill."

Edited by TPABA

Tomac

If it was a "special deal" just for me then this is the first I've heard of it. Regardless, parts *are* available for the Saiga-12 (wish I could get parts for my NDM-86 Dragunovs!)

Tomac

No shit on the NDM-86 parts. Extra firing pin's and spare op rods would be great.

As far as tantal, I got quoted the same deal as Tomac on these parts. Tantal is great to work with.