MD Arms drum covers

I went to my local army/navy surplus store today and bought one of these: http://www.astglobal.com/military/uscanteenstrap.jpg

uscanteenstrap.jpg

It is a GI 2 quart canteen cover (padded). The drum fits perfectly into it. Not too loose or too tight.

Just wanted to let others know that if you are looking for a decent padded case, those work well.

That's a great idea! I bought a cheap camera case at Best Buy a few months back for my chinese AK-47 drums, and one of the sales guys asked me what type of camera I was putting in it. Ya should have seen the look on his face when I told him what I needed it for. :ph34r:

Edited by sharkbit
Oooh nice I'm gunna have to check Ed's for one of those.

Its been a long time since I've been to Eds. Do they still have a lot of cool surplus? I used to go there all the time when I lived in Everett,but not so much since I moved to Marysville.

Its been a long time since I've been to Eds. Do they still have a lot of cool surplus? I used to go there all the time when I lived in Everett,but not so much since I moved to Marysville.

Yah they got some good stuff still, I been going in there since I was a kid buying some camo shorts.

http://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/products_...fx5320&ST=2

Would pile lined interior be considered padded?

Not sure.

I just know that the one I bought had a furry lining in it, slightly padded.

I think its more for insulation than interior protection since they are canteen covers.

I guess I will go for one, the worse that can happen is that I have to make a padding of some sort myself.

Ed's got 'em, $5.99, some more raggedy than others, desert or green. I picked one up, now the wait continues for my drum to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT get this one for use as a drum cover. It is not US issue, but a chinese copy, and is a little too small to get the drum into. I will use it as a shell carrier or something.

Interesting!! I got mine at my local army navy surplus store. Mine are real US made models.

Drums fits perfectly snug into it.

What happens when you try to put the drum into the chinese one?

Its about an half inch to a inch too small. If it were elastic it would stretch over. I went to ebay and found a good deal on a real US surplus cover and canteen. I will use the correct cover for the drum, and the chinese cover for the bladder. I guess it will all work out in the end LOL Never hurt to have the canteen on hand anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...