New Magazine Producer

Gang:

Check out the link to the .308 sight. It looks like the .308 folks have found someone to commercially produce .308 mags. Does anyone on the 7.69 know Daewoo? Is there a chance he could help us as well?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=2988

Wolverine

I would think it should be easy enough to get ahold of him if you're interested. I belive somebody on that thread actually asked about both Saiga 12 mags and 762 mags... no response yet though. Oh and...

"the .308 guys"

Just remember, regardless of caliber, we're all brothers here. ; )

Didn't think it was highly divisive since the posting board itself divides the calibers into categories and this is the 7.62 post.

Didn't note any of the respondents in the .308 caliber post asking for mags in other calibers.

Thought if someone knew Daewoo on a personal basis it would carry more weight.

Much ado.......

Wolverine

Edited by Wolverine

I know of two 308s at shops in this area Peoria, IL.

I think one is a 22" barrel with wood furniture, at Jack's Feather and Fur (309) 686-7725 Mon-Thurs. 10:30 - 5:30

The other one I know of is actually in Pekin: Pekin Gun & Sporting Goods (309) 347-6060 Mon.-Fri. 9-7... I'm pretty sure that he has a 16" synthetic, might also have a 22", not sure though

...and no, I don't remember the prices off the top of my head. I'm sure that either of them would be willing to ship to your FFL. I've done bussiness both places, and they have good reputations.

So.. yeah, I hope that helps... someone?

I was kidding about the divisivness (spelling?)

Doerdie asked about 7.62 mags.

Suicide Bopper asked about 12 gauge.... followed by the usual discussion of DDs (surprisingly short this time)

Both are on the second page.

..and I agree, if someone who knew Daewoo asked, it might carry more weight..

But then again I've always been pretty outspoken/straightforward, even with people I don't know. So that's just me. :smoke:

You 7.62 X39 guys are just jealous because us .308 guys have LONGER rounds! :haha::haha::haha:

Seriously I got CDNN's last .308 wood because thats all they had in rifles! The wife got a 19".410 at the same time.We can pick them up at our FFL tomorrow. as the damed 7 day state hold is up. Now we need to find her a .223 and me a 7.62X39! Unfortunatly as we live in communist Maryland it will be 30 days before we can have them -assuming that any are available then!

(We also have a 20 rd max on mag capacity-I have some 20 hungarian tankers just waiting for the 7.62X39 to convert!)

You 7.62 guys have it made in the mag department. My 20rd tankers were $4.99. Two 8rd. .308's at andian were almost $90,but they were the only game in town!

If Daewoo can do .308's we'll make shure he makes enough :dollar::dollar: to

set up for the other callibers!

G O B

Edited by G O B

Thank goodness for Pennsylvania gun toters! No limit on mags here! I think a thirty or fifty round AK mag is more than enough, but there are available 75round drum mags. I just picked up a 30 round mag for my wifes 9mm pistol (Taurus p92). A 30 round mag! The thing hangs out so far it looks like something from the IMI plant! We would never have cause to load and use the thing, but it looked so damn cool, I just had to buy it! Ofcourse if night of the living dead ever happened, we would survive pretty long.

We are all in this together( gun toting, liberty loving folks) Us 308 guys are just kinda tunnelvissioned because there is not a reversable( or even cost effective and good looking) conversion to get highcaps.

Don't ever dismiss your fellow gun owners wether they are NRA, hunters, plinkers, activists, benchrest, shotgunners, shooting fundamentalists, shooting NEWnamentalists, competitive, or any other of a thousand diff types, we all have our freedom in common!!!!!!!!! :killer:

Please explain to me why you guys need or even want newly manufactured hi-caps for the 7.62x39 rifles? Just buy some AK mags for $6-$15 or even a 75 round drum for $75, add a homemade feedramp and file the mag catch. Oh, and replace 5 parts with U.S. made parts and convert that sucker to pistol grip. I'd much rather do that than spend $35-$40 on 1 Saiga hi-cap mag.

Do people want the Saiga hi-caps because they aren't sure of their abilities to install a feedramp? I don't understand why someone would spend $40 on 1 mag when they could have 5-8 of them for the same price?

I agree, actually you dont HAVE to move the trigger group. You can get enough parts by using US made followers in your mags, gas piston, buttstock, hammer, disconnecter, sear(kind of) and if you really want to go US parts crazy....the forearm handguards are available US made now too. Although alot of these parts take a little fabrication to fit. The full conversion would be ALOT easier! If you use EAA 30 round mags, you legally have to do a conversion anyway.

But trimming the catch and installing a feedramp is alot better than paying big bucks for a poly mag. Besides, once you can use AK mags, you can get poly, steel, anywhere from 5 to 50 round mags or 75 round drums! The mag posibilities are endless (and cheap) :dollar:

Take it from me... I left the trigger in the stock location, modified a shotgun stock to fit, replaced all that I could in the fcg, paid $60 for a pair of mags from EAA and have almost twice the money and three times the time and agrevation involved. The 7.62x39 rifles dont need a stock mag. They just need a feedramp.

Ozarks are full of good people. The son of a guy I work with was in a terrible car accident last week down there (he was driving to Texas). He died on the scene but they were able to bring him back. It is touch and go everyday, but the folks there have done amazing things for his family. While flying down to be with him the 1st class passengers gave up their seats for the family, the local sheriffs picked them up at the airliner on the tarmac and took them to the hospital. They are now staying at a local Frat house for free (hotel was very expensive). Everywhere they go people (total stangers) ask about their son and give them their prayers. Some have offered use of their private planes.

Thats sound like an area I would love to live in. It brings back faith in America and Americans.

• 4 months later...

One dealer at the gun show asked me what to do with a .308 Saiga for magazines. I don't own one but his brother showed me his converted .308 with an East German patter folder. We looked at the magazines they had on the table. The H&K was too wide in front but the M-14 and FAL look like good conversion candidates due to their similar profiles in the frontal area. The FAL mags are inexpensive and would be my choice in converting magazines. The follower will have to be modified and a tang would have to be welded on the rear of the magazine.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

Edited by uzitiger