Question on Saiga 308v21

Hello,

I have a few questions about this: http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga_308v21.htm

I am curious as to if i can take any AK furniture place do on it. It looks like it is pre-converted yes?

how accurate is it? the barrel is chrome lined right?

where can I get one in 21.8 inches?

what is the avg price I should pay.

Thanks!

PS!!!!

I jsut wanna know about a regular .308 not the v21 anymore. Read to bottom.

my exact goal is a rifle like this.

Maybe with a left side folding stock. (will those holes line up right?) if I get the parts form the place I found them. From euro though. so it is sketchy. First I need to buy a rifle. But I just bought an NHM-91 so it will be like 3 weeks.

308saiga.jpg

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

I got S308 21.8" from Gilbert Guns. You can call them and see if they have anymore in stock, they are great people to do business with. I paid about $490 for mine about 6 weeks ago. I'm still working/saving for getting the parts needed for the convert.

This thread will answer your first question: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=30193

yeah I saw that. I guess I want a regular .308 saiga yes? those fit Ak stocks and such?

Correct. You'll have to do the trigger forward conversion and then it will accept any standard AK stock and grip.

Netpackrat,

Which Set# is that in the picture? #1M?

Did you finish it yourself?

Thanks.

I didn't order it by part number, I told him what I had and what I wanted, and he made the stock set. The rifle is built on an Armory USA (Global) receiver, with a front end from a Polish underfolder kit, a Romy stock tang, and the muzzle brake is from a Hungarian AMD-65. The wood is a special matched walnut set with a recoil pad instead of the steel butt plate, it might be NATO length but I don't remember, it's been a couple of years, and I don't have the rifle anymore, it was given as a gift to a family member. The finishing of the wood and the metal was done by Salbo Arms; I am probably going to have him do another rifle or two once I get them the way I want them.

So like... are Saiga 308s easier to convert or what?

Absolutely!

Just search around right here in the .308 section and you will find a bunch of info on conversions and modifications.

There are a couple of unique things about .308 Saigas but it is all here.

First you need to decide which route you are going to take.

What look are you going for?

Something like this?

post-2098-1180506919_thumb.jpg

Or this?

post-6907-1182983201_thumb.jpg

Or like mine?

308001.jpg

Or, whatever you can dream up!

Edited by Will