Scope mount

I was looking at a low profile mount. Here is the one I've been looking at.

BP-02 AK-to-Weaver Mount Adapter (Low)

click for bigger pictures

DESCRIPTION

The BP-02 AK-to-Weaver Low Mount Adapter fits all types of AK mounting rails and has a standard extended Weaver mounting base on top. This Mount sits as low as possible over the receiver -- you will not find another AK-to-Weaver mount adapter that brings the Weaver rail lower over the AK receiver.

This Mount is properly screwed and pinned together and comes with English adjustment instructions.

Optional Accessories

Mounting Rail -- AK (Mil-Spec)

Mounting Rail -- AK/SVD/SKS

post-6-1105658778.jpg

The BP-02 is low mount, you cannot use your iron sights (only while it is mounted), but it is the best mount for a red-dot scope (you do not need iron sights with a 1x red-dot). The 01 is high mount which, of course, allows you to use your sights for closer in shots, while having a magnification scope for longer shots. I use a Red Dot with no magnification and am getting a BP-02. I have heard that the high mount is plain uncomfortable with a Red-Dot. I shoot at 100yds max at my range. These are the side mount/quick removal style mounts. They are the best and hold zero well, even after taking mount on and off the gun. Tantel has the BP-02 for 39.95 I believe.

There are others that replace your dust cover, some with set screws and some without. I have never heard a first hand account of these, but it is said they do not hold zero well. They run about $20 most places. If i found one for $5 I might try it, but you should stick with what works.

disclaimer:

This advice comes with alot of research and no first hand practical knowledge(no bull$hit included), take it for what it is worth.

That mount pictured is exactly the one I have on BOTH my AK, and my Saiga .410.... They are EXCELLENT mounts!!!! and with different optics, why would you want iron sights anyways? I have NEVER found myself, NEEDING THEM....

and BESIDES... THOSE mounts will HOLD ZERO when removed... if you *GOTTA-GOTTA* have Iron sights... flip the lever, slide the mount off... and PRESTO!!!!!

Iron Sights- instantly!

:smoke:

What is your AK? I have a Saiga .308, which is primarily what the mount will be used for. I also have a Romanina SAR-1. Will it work on the SAR-1? I might put a red dot on the SAR-1 but due to it being in 7.62 Russian I don't often expect to be shooting distances with it. Thanks for the info.