Can Someone in Cal. Buy My 12?

Someone in California wants my s12. Can I sell it to them?

Yes you can. The mag has to require the use of a tool to be removed. There are several types of mag lock devices and they're all around 30$ Now I don't expect you (seller) to configure for Cali compliance. There is a few go betweens who will configure the shotgun correctlly. Freekshow Manufacturing does neuter jobs.

The S12 is unique, any standard AK just remove the pistol grip and it's G.T.G. But detachable mag fed semi auto shotguns are a no no, unless the gas system has been disabled or the mag has a locking device.

Edited by SJgunguy24

Yes you can. The mag has to require the use of a tool to be removed. There are several types of mag lock devices and they're all around 30$ Now I don't expect you (seller) to configure for Cali compliance. There is a few go betweens who will configure the shotgun correctlly. Freekshow Manufacturing does neuter jobs.

The S12 is unique, any standard AK just remove the pistol grip and it's G.T.G. But detachable mag fed semi auto shotguns are a no no, unless the gas system has been disabled or the mag has a locking device.

Does it matter if it has a pistol grip or folding stock? We don't know how his Saiga is configured, you might want to elaborate adavid02. I assume it's stock, but you know what they say about assuming.

Does it matter if it has a pistol grip or folding stock? We don't know how his Saiga is configured, you might want to elaborate adavid02. I assume it's stock, but you know what they say about assuming.

Nope, detachable mag fed shotguns are evil in the state of California... :ded: Even the stock imported configuration is evil.

Edited by Glocker

fixed mags of ten rounds or less negate the "evil", so just get a maglock and your good to go. Tell the buyer to send you a maglock and charge him to put it on and away you go!! Go to calguns.net and do a search for "ak maglocks" there is the JJPerl the raddlock and one other which I cant remember the name of. My Saiga12 is on the way from a dealer in colorado, who has no problem sending it in to calif and my FFL in california has no problem receiving it. We have made major gains in calif against the screwed up laws. Keep up to date on calgun if your interested

fixed mags of ten rounds or less negate the "evil", so just get a maglock and your good to go. Tell the buyer to send you a maglock and charge him to put it on and away you go!! Go to calguns.net and do a search for "ak maglocks" there is the JJPerl the raddlock and one other which I cant remember the name of. My Saiga12 is on the way from a dealer in colorado, who has no problem sending it in to calif and my FFL in california has no problem receiving it. We have made major gains in calif against the screwed up laws. Keep up to date on calgun if your interested

I have done hundreds of hours of research on this, spoke with DOJ and I am a retired LE in CA. Referring to PC 12276 a semi auto shotgun CANNOT have both a collapsable stock and a pistol grip. Subsection "C" also reads, "Any semi auto shotgun with a 'detachable' magazine" is an assault weapon. The only way a semi auto shot gun can make it into CA is without a pistol grip and collapsable stock (together) or a detachable mag. If it is equipped with a "bullet block" then it is legal. Because the mag is no longer detachable, it is now removable with the use of a tool.

Besides, with all that is happening and how hard Saiga's are to get (at least in CA) why in the world do you want to sell it?

How do you load it if you can't detach it? Do you have to field strip it?

If I remember correctly, it releases when you push a bullet or similar implement into a hole which releases the magazine. The bullet is a tool and the fact that the mag requires a tool to remove makes it legal.

Edited by Glocker

As long as the S12 has a maglock installed AND it does not have a folding/collapable stock, it is perfectly legal to sell to a CA resident.

If the buyer needs the maglock installed for him, you can ship it to Henderson Defense and they can make it CA compliant prior to it entering CA.

How do you load it if you can't detach it? Do you have to field strip it?

If I remember correctly, it releases when you push a bullet or similar implement into a hole which releases the magazine. The bullet is a tool and the fact that the mag requires a tool to remove makes it legal.

That's true, as long as the mag cannot be released by the "push of a button," with your finger. You have to use a tool to remove it, like a bullet through a hole. BUT WHEN I SPOKE TO DOJ, THEY SAID THIS WAS A LOOPHOLE THEY DID NOT EXPECT AND ARE IN THE PROCESS OF ATTEMPTING A RE-WRITE ON THE CODE. They actually meant the code to be interpreted like a fixed mag SKS, to where you actually had to disassemble the gun to remove the mag. Stupid f-in California.

As long as the S12 has a maglock installed AND it does not have a folding/collapable stock, it is perfectly legal to sell to a CA resident.

If the buyer needs the maglock installed for him, you can ship it to Henderson Defense and they can make it CA compliant prior to it entering CA.

True, but the code actually reads "both" a pistol grip and collapsable stock, not one or the other. The second section reads no detachable mags no matter what configuration it is in.