Tromix very busy...who else can I go to?

I've been cruising these forums for a while and have waited to post until I had finally bought the Saiga-12. I have the base gun and I want to get the PG and stock replaced. I understand I need some gunsmithing work to accomplish this. Other than Tromix, who else is capable of doing this in a reasonable amount of time? Can I take it to any reputable gunsmith? If so, what exactly should I tell them?

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, I've never had to go see a gunsmith before and a n00b with the Saiga.

Thanks in advance!

I've been cruising these forums for a while and have waited to post until I had finally bought the Saiga-12. I have the base gun and I want to get the PG and stock replaced. I understand I need some gunsmithing work to accomplish this. Other than Tromix, who else is capable of doing this in a reasonable amount of time? Can I take it to any reputable gunsmith? If so, what exactly should I tell them?

Excuse my lack of knowledge here, I've never had to go see a gunsmith before and a n00b with the Saiga.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!! You don't need anyone to do your conversion for you, it's easy to do it yourself! Order the Tromix or Saigatech Do It Yourself trigger guard piece, and you're good to go! Naturally you'll need a pistol grip, stock, and a new USA FCG as well. Mississippi Arms has what you need and they're a supporting business. Lowe's sells plastic plugs you can use to plug up the extra holes on the receiver. Not as pretty as Tromix rewelding, but you don't have to wait and it's alot cheaper.

Welcome!! You don't need anyone to do your conversion for you, it's easy to do it yourself! Order the Tromix or Saigatech Do It Yourself trigger guard piece, and you're good to go! Naturally you'll need a pistol grip, stock, and a new USA FCG as well. Mississippi Arms has what you need and they're a supporting business. Lowe's sells plastic plugs you can use to plug up the extra holes on the receiver. Not as pretty as Tromix rewelding, but you don't have to wait and it's alot cheaper.

Thanks for the welcome! I was under the impression that some cutting would need to be done in order to move the trigger forward and replacing the stock. I'm going to go browse MAA now to see what parts I might need. Also, is there a DIY posted anywhere that you know of that explains how to do this step by step?

Yeah I am reviewing the FAQ for the conversion. I am just not setup to handle that. I am without a vice and pretty much all the tools. While I could go out and buy them I'd still be without a vice. Back to square 1, looking for someone who is able to do a professional job. I'm in the KC area if anyone knows someone who is familiar with the S12 conversions.

I got mine done by a guy named Russel Findlay. He ordered all my parts for me, only charged cost + shipping and sent me tons of pics and updates. From the time I first talked to him to the time I got my gun was about 2 weeks and that's only because he had to wait for parts. And she's a beaut, too. I recommend him highly. PM me and I'll give you his #. Tell him Ryan sent you.

VICE! I don't need no stinking Vice!! :haha:

No, realy, I did mine on my bedroom rug, and sitting in my desk chair. I Got all my tools at some discount tool place, except the 1/4 " drill, I got a titanium one. Used a rotory tool to do most of the work. Even in modifing the ace internal block. It took me about 3 hours, and that even included a beer run. The TECH & FAQ sections here has all the info you will need, and the search feature is wonderfull.

Welcome to the Forums and have fun hating your S12.

Thanks for the replies. The evil black rifles looks like it will be the best option for me. He isn't too far away either. I am not too sure of the duracoat finish. I need to do some research as I don't want a glossy finish. I think a parkerized finish might be nice. Any opinions on both duracoat or a plain parkerize?

Thanks for the replies. The evil black rifles looks like it will be the best option for me. He isn't too far away either. I am not too sure of the duracoat finish. I need to do some research as I don't want a glossy finish. I think a parkerized finish might be nice. Any opinions on both duracoat or a plain parkerize?

Duracoat now comes in "Tactical Colors" that are very flat. Also, they sell a flattening agent that can be added to get rid of the sheen. It works well.