Is this spent casing normal?

I was looking at my fired casings and noticed there's a ridge on the spent cartridges. This is Golden Tiger and it's been functioning flawlessly 300 rounds so far. Just curious if this is normal for fired casings.

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0627-1.jpg

Edited by rtlltj
I was looking at my fired casings and noticed there's a ridge on the spent cartridges. This is Golden Tiger and it's been functioning flawlessly 300 rounds so far. Just curious if this is normal for fired casings.

IMG_0627.jpg

It's the normal "signature" of the Saiga. If you reload, the neck will straighten out when you resize. The dents in the cartridge case cannot be fixed by full length resizing, so be careful if you reload. Those dents can become points at which the case can fail when subjected to the pressures of firing the reloaded cases.

IMG_0627-1.jpg

Some of the other guys on here can give you a reason why it's doing that but it looks to me like it's not seating right in the barrel. I've shot lots of golden tiger in my buddy's ak's and have never seen that. Maybe a head spacing problem?

Some of the other guys on here can give you a reason why it's doing that but it looks to me like it's not seating right in the barrel. I've shot lots of golden tiger in my buddy's ak's and have never seen that. Maybe a head spacing problem?

7.62x39 Saigas are designed to exhibit this ring.

This tells the Russian police that the round was fired by a Saiga and not an ex-military Kalashnikov.

This tells the Russian police that the round was fired by a Saiga and not an ex-military Kalashnikov.

Ah ok, I thought the sharp dent on the body of the casing was how you knew it was a saiga vs an AK. Now that I know this is normal I gotta find out how they make it so saigas do this.

See i told you somebody would know. Pretty smart of the ruskies to do that.

Please check the STICKIED THREAD at the FRONT OF THE X39 page titled...

WAIT FOR IT.....

CASE NECK SWELLING PICS :wub:

Lots of good stuff in there... :haha: ROOKIE! :lol::haha:

:smoke:

LOL yea I was just reading that thread and thought ooops "there's a sticky I missed". Thanks for replying anyway guys.

LOL yea I was just reading that thread and thought ooops "there's a sticky I missed". Thanks for replying anyway guys.

It's ok, we haven't beaten newbies in awhile around here :haha:

Flippin shit at them though....well... :angel:

Yeah, that's what my Saiga M does too.

+Plus the big dent in the middle,..... sometimes

depends on the ammo,..

Uhmm,.. SCOUT JOE,...

It seems like you have used that 12 gauge Flamethrower Ammo before,... with gasoline,.... on a giant pile of "o" pine Brush!!!

Kinda close to the hose don't ya think???

don't you wish they worked in the drum???

Edited by Gas Giant