10 round mags in Commifornia

Does anyone know where some 10 round mags might be for sale by a vendor that is willing to ship to California. All the vendors that are willing are out of stock and everyone who has them in stock thinks they're illegal here and won't ship (I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to ship to CA, the laws are pretty screwed up. But I am positive the mags are legal in CA).

Thanks guys

Does anyone know where some 10 round mags might be for sale by a vendor that is willing to ship to California. All the vendors that are willing are out of stock and everyone who has them in stock thinks they're illegal here and won't ship (I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to ship to CA, the laws are pretty screwed up. But I am positive the mags are legal in CA).

Thanks guys

I don't think they're legal as CA bans all detachable mag shotguns. See the CA conversion threads here.

Besides which, if you want guns, why the heck are you living in Commiephonia?

Thanks guys

I don't think they're legal as CA bans all detachable mag shotguns. See the CA conversion threads here.

First, I have searched and trust me when I first became a member all I did was read the CA threads.

Secondly, That is half the problem with dealers fear of CA is misunderstanding of the law. They are not illegal, the Saiga shot gun is not illegal and having a detachable mag whether it be 10, 8, 5 or 2 rounds has absolutely nothing to do with the legalities in CA. Our mag law here are the same as most of the other states, over 10 rounds is Hi CAP.

As far as me living in CA, I love it here other than knee jerk legislation and liberal minority. If I were to run from this state and "move somewhere else" that be pretty cowardly for me. All I would do to increase the ratio of liberals to conservatives by one. I don't run from fights, I stick around to help my side win. It is unfortunate that CA has gotten a bad rap due to the vocal liberals that live here. CA is the 3rd largest state with the highest population. We are made up of more than San Fransisco and Los Angeles' extremely vocal opinion. There is a large population that i would venture to say is the majority who hold the same values as us here.

It is really unfortunate that since the liberal MINORITY in CA has a mainline to the media (liberal as well) which pipes all the crap about us to the rest of the country and puts it off as the general opinion or belief for the rest of the state. We are made up of more than a bay area community and a converted desert. There is a large population of high desert, mountain, and valley people who are all hard working red blooded Americans who hold their rights very dear and will/have stand/stood to protect that great piece of paper that our legislation has lately seen fit to try to whipe their asses with it. There is no way for us to be so close to Nevada, Arizona and Texas to assume that there are not some people here if not most that hold their same values.

Please stop judging the people in this state based a minority of people who have media control/coverage and thank you to those who have recognized there are brothers here in CA who still need your help.

Thank you, end rant.

Edited by hallboss
Secondly, That is half the problem with dealers fear of CA is misunderstanding of the law. They are not illegal, the Saiga shot gun is not illegal and having a detachable mag whether it be 10, 8, 5 or 2 rounds has absolutely nothing to do with the legalities in CA. Our mag law here are the same as most of the other states, over 10 rounds is Hi CAP.

From the Wikipedia "Gun Laws in California" page:

Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989

The Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989, its subsequent augmentation in 1999, and the .50 Caliber BMG Regulation Act of 2004 has led to many restrictions on semi-automatic firearms. In addition to a lengthy list of specific firearms that are banned by name, the following firearms are banned by characteristic:

* (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

o (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.

o (B) A thumbhole stock.

o © A folding or telescoping stock.

o (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.

o (E) A flash suppressor.

o (F) A forward pistol grip.

* (2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

* (3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches [762 mm].

* (4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

o (A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.

o (B) A second handgrip.

o © A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.

o (D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

* (5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

* (6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

o (A) A folding or telescoping stock.

o (B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

* (7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

* (8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

So according to that, Saiga shotguns are illegal "assault weapons" in Kommiefornia.

The Saiga 12 is legal in Ca if:

1) one purchased and registered it as an assault weapon in Ca before 2000, or

2) one purchased a fixed mag version after the year 2000.

Notes for option 2: Having a folding stock in conjunction with a pistol grip is illegal. Having a Saiga that's imported by Kalashnikov Arms is illegal.

As for mags, any magazine that has a maximum capacity of 10 rounds or less is legal. Have you tried AGP arms? Their website says they have 9 million available. Don't know if that's a typo. Good luck!

By the way, the Commie, Kali, Peoples Republic thing is getting old.

Edited by tophatjones

I know what the sections read about detach mags, but they also read the same thing about AR's and they're legal. Detachable only means "immediately removable without the use of tools allowing the weapon to be readily and quickly reloaded." When the use of a tool is employed everything in section 12276.2 goes out the window. There are loop holes to that. A S12 with a Mag lock is legal, pistol grip or not.

If you read further up, you will also see another section that also say the Saiga brand itself is illegal, but there is a loop hole in that one as well. To tell the truth, I'm kind of surprised that in that entire response the only thing that was picked up on was in regards to the weapon itself being illegal and nothing about the magazines, which is what this was about to begin with.

This comment, "They are not illegal, the Saiga shot gun is not illegal and having a detachable mag whether it be 10, 8, 5 or 2 rounds has absolutely nothing to do with the legalities in CA. Our mag law here are the same as most of the other states, over 10 rounds is Hi CAP."... has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the weapon itself, I was referring to and am still referring to the magazines. I was simply referring to having the mag detachable has nothing to do with 10, 8, 5, or 2 rounds, it is the weapon they are referring to. You can own a magazine for anything here, just as long as it does not hold more than 10 rounds. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the help guys.

Tophatjones, I checked AGP but they are out for now and I agree with you the insults about CA are getting old. But in their defense I did open this one up by calling it Commiefornia in the title. A decision I regret now, I know I'm joking and being sarcastic, but when others read it they probably can't see that.

Edited by hallboss

Thanks guys

First, I have searched and trust me when I first became a member all I did was read the CA threads.

As far as me living in CA, I love it here other than knee jerk legislation and liberal minority. If I were to run from this state and "move somewhere else" that be pretty cowardly for me. All I would do to increase the ratio of liberals to conservatives by one. I don't run from fights, I stick around to help my side win. It is unfortunate that CA has gotten a bad rap due to the vocal liberals that live here. CA is the 3rd largest state with the highest population. We are made up of more than San Fransisco and Los Angeles' extremely vocal opinion. There is a large population that i would venture to say is the majority who hold the same values as us here.

It is really unfortunate that since the liberal MINORITY in CA has a mainline to the media (liberal as well) which pipes all the crap about us to the rest of the country and puts it off as the general opinion or belief for the rest of the state. We are made up of more than a bay area community and a converted desert. There is a large population of high desert, mountain, and valley people who are all hard working red blooded Americans who hold their rights very dear and will/have stand/stood to protect that great piece of paper that our legislation has lately seen fit to try to whipe their asses with it. There is no way for us to be so close to Nevada, Arizona and Texas to assume that there are not some people here if not most that hold their same values.

Please stop judging the people in this state based a minority of people who have media control/coverage and thank you to those who have recognized there are brothers here in CA who still need your help.

Thank you, end rant.

First off, well said! Secondly, the maglock shroud turn the detachable mag into a "fixed" mag that is entirely legal. Any RAA S12 is legal equipped with the maglock before it enters the state.

First off, well said! Secondly, the maglock shroud turn the detachable mag into a "fixed" mag that is entirely legal. Any RAA S12 is legal equipped with the maglock before it enters the state.

Thank you. We need to start standing up for ourselves before the Liberals turn us into the "red headed step child" of the country, if that hasn't happened already to some extent.

Thank you. We need to start standing up for ourselves before the Liberals turn us into the "red headed step child" of the country, if that hasn't happened already to some extent.

You have a PM.