jamming like a SOB!!!

Ok, 3" magazine, shooting 3" slugs (Brenneke's), were jamming. I shot a box of 5 at the #1 gas setting thing, and a box at the number two setting. Both jammed. I think having it on 2 was more problematic. I wasn't sure which one was supposed to be set for magnum loads, so I tried a box at each. I've concluded that I think it should be set at 1 for magnum loads, and two for lighter loads, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, these jammed, and of course I had problems with 2-1/2" remington shotshell game loads. This was expected since I was shooting 2-1/2" shells from a 3 inch mag.

I also noticed that some of my shells didn't want to load all the way, and I'd have to pull back the bolt a little and let it slam foward again to get it all that way in.

Any help would be appreciated. Would I be better suited to just spit out some $$$$ and shoot metal shells exclusively?

Thanks.

Try several different brands of ammo and see if the gun has a preference. A lot of firearms seem to function smoother only with certain manufacturers products.And, yes, #1 setting for heavy loads, #2 for light loads.

Have you never fired the gun before, and these are the first 10 round you've fired? I'm just asking because although my .410 has never jammed on me with regular magazines, my Saiga-12 did a bunch in the first 50 or so rounds through it. Which took 5 minutes.

I bought the gun used from a friend at work. He said it has had about 100 rounds through it. I've been trying to catch him at work since then to ask what ammunition he had success with.

But, I did give it a good thorough cleaning, but everything should be well broke in.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to live with paying 6$ for 5 winchester slugs until I find out where I can get some brass-hull stuff.

Thanks!!

The local Wal-Mart carries a Remington rifled slug 'value pack', fifteen rounds for $10. Not a bad price. I've also just bought a load of Golden Bear slugs from Sportsmans Guide that works out to about .60 per round. I'm using these in the Taurus Judge as well.

The local Wal-Mart carries a Remington rifled slug 'value pack', fifteen rounds for $10. Not a bad price. I've also just bought a load of Golden Bear slugs from Sportsmans Guide that works out to about .60 per round. I'm using these in the Taurus Judge as well.

lenf, your taurus takes the golden bear steel? I have the judge that is chambered for 2.5" and it only takes the plastic hulls. It will not take the 2.5" magtech brass even. Looking inside the cylinders and you can see that it has been milled that way. I thought to prevent someone from seeing if a .444 would work.

Perhaps I should upgrade to the 3" judge.

CORRECTION: The Wal-Mart 'Value Pack' mentioned above is 2 1/2" slugs, not 3".

lenf, your taurus takes the golden bear steel? I have the judge that is chambered for 2.5" and it only takes the plastic hulls. It will not take the 2.5" magtech brass even. Looking inside the cylinders and you can see that it has been milled that way. I thought to prevent someone from seeing if a .444 would work.

Perhaps I should upgrade to the 3" judge.

Don't. You're right. I took it on the word of an aquaintance that they would fit. We live and learn.

• 5 months later...

DO NOT use metal cased 3" ammo in the 3" Mag Judge! I learned this the hard way... if you look inside the 3" judge cyl, you see they have almost a stepped cyl. Right at the length of a 45LC is a ring in the wall and the metal cased ammo fire forms and gets very nicely sealed into your cylinders. Plastic cases do not get wedged, but I had to whack the metal ones out with a cleaning rod and pocket knife.

Edited by Fxds