• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't even get holsters for the Baby Eagle. I thought that Fobus an Israeli holser make would make a holster for a psitol made in Israel. They make one now but not in left handed so in the end I made one out of leather.

:osama::killer:

:sadam::killer:

Die terrorist scum!!

• 2 months later...

concerning the safeties

i was told that the frame mounted safety did not have a decocker.

and that the newer slide mounted safety has a decocker.

i've always wanted a baby eagle and i just recently bought one (today!)

steel, fullsize, 40cal. i read from numerous (jericho) fans that the 9mm model was their favorite for numerous reasons.

so tell me, did i screw up by getting it in 40cal? one thing i'm gonna miss are the 15 rounders for the 9mm.

• 11 months later...
concerning the safeties

i was told that the frame mounted safety did not have a decocker.

and that the newer slide mounted safety has a decocker.

i've always wanted a baby eagle and i just recently bought one (today!)

steel, fullsize, 40cal. i read from numerous (jericho) fans that the 9mm model was their favorite for numerous reasons.

so tell me, did i screw up by getting it in 40cal? one thing i'm gonna miss are the 15 rounders for the 9mm.

You did great getting a .40 cal and you can get 12 round Mec Gar magazines from Roger Cope of Cope distributing which is not too far from 15 rounds for the 9mm. http://www.copesdist.com/ I got one from him when he worked at gun shows.

Cincinnati's police is changing over from the S&W 5900 to the Military and Police in .40 cal and other suburbs have also gone to .40 cal in the area.

I wish mine had the frame safety the earlier version pistol had. When you want to fire the natural thumb movement is down not up. This is why John Browning designed his safety on the 1911 pistol to move downwards. The Walther style decocker takes longer to activate, I learned this shooting IPSC matches where the .45 shooters took less than half the time to get the first shot off than I did.

Edited by uzitiger
  • 2 months later...

I wish I had never sold mine. :cryss: I had Baby Eagle .45 in brushed stainless. I lucked out and found a dealer in Tel Aviv on E-bay that hd a Fubus holster for it. I started to use it for CCW, for it was a little heavy. Between that, the cost of 200 .45 rounds a weekend, and the fact that my local indoor range started having monthly GSSF matches, led me to sell it and get a Glock 17. I love my Glock, but miss my Eagle sometimes.

• 3 months later...

I loved my Baby Eagle, 40S&W. It was the only gun that I would shoot past 50 yards, and expect to come close to hitting with. I earned the nick-name "Tex" with that pistol. "See that plantk out there on the berm, about 75 yards away?" Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. "What's that? About 6 inches? Cool." Standing, firing one handed, for refference.

Unfortunately, I ran into a problem that I'm guessing is pretty common. I couldn't get parts/accesories for it (that I knew for certain would fit) and I was afraid of doing anything to it. Didn't want to mess it up. The price of ammo and components has gone up alot here, and it's near impossible to find a good price on bullets for reloading. By the way, I looked at the Magnum Research website recently, and it listed the magazine capacity (I believe) as 13. Personally I also loved the slide mounted decocker. I also never shot it in competition, so I'm willing to believe that constraints on safety engagement (as in: start with safety engaged) could affect performance there. If I carried it, I'd probably load to full capacity (full mag, plus one in the chamber), decock it, then flip the lever back up. If I were going to leave the safety on, I'd probably train (did actually) flipping the safety before drawing it out. That's not a very unnatural motion. Love the fact that the firing pin was pulled in, and that the trigger was disconnected from the hammer while the safety was engaged. Seemed like about the safest way to store it.

That gun spent every night near my bed, and was taken care of very well (99% finish) . Recently though, I traded it (plus $100) on a P14-45. Damn that was a good deal. I'll talk about that in another thread though.

I loved my Baby Eagle, 40S&W. It was the only gun that I would shoot past 50 yards, and expect to come close to hitting with. I earned the nick-name "Tex" with that pistol. "See that plantk out there on the berm, about 75 yards away?" Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. Blam. "What's that? About 6 inches? Cool." Standing, firing one handed, for refference.

Unfortunately, I ran into a problem that I'm guessing is pretty common. I couldn't get parts/accesories for it (that I knew for certain would fit) and I was afraid of doing anything to it. Didn't want to mess it up. The price of ammo and components has gone up alot here, and it's near impossible to find a good price on bullets for reloading. By the way, I looked at the Magnum Research website recently, and it listed the magazine capacity (I believe) as 13. Personally I also loved the slide mounted decocker. I also never shot it in competition, so I'm willing to believe that constraints on safety engagement (as in: start with safety engaged) could affect performance there. If I carried it, I'd probably load to full capacity (full mag, plus one in the chamber), decock it, then flip the lever back up. If I were going to leave the safety on, I'd probably train (did actually) flipping the safety before drawing it out. That's not a very unnatural motion. Love the fact that the firing pin was pulled in, and that the trigger was disconnected from the hammer while the safety was engaged. Seemed like about the safest way to store it.

That gun spent every night near my bed, and was taken care of very well (99% finish) . Recently though, I traded it (plus $100) on a P14-45. Damn that was a good deal. I'll talk about that in another thread though.

My experience with the Baby Eagle was much the same. Great accuracy (headshots on a silhouette @ 75ft), but lack of parts and the ability to load any hollowpoint beyond a trunct'd head made my decision to get rid of it.

I never had any problem with loading hollow-points. Actually some of the most accurate ammo I had for it were 165gr Hollow Points. I took a long had look at a steel frame Witness in 45. That would have offered some more options for parts and such. I love the CZ-75 design, but JMB was calling my name.

• 4 weeks later...

I've actually been lusting after a Baby Eagle for the longest time.

I would definitely like a fullsize model, but couldn't decide on caliber because my caliber of choice (357 SIG) is not offered.

...i guess 40S&W then.

although companies like BarSto make compatable barrels in 357 SIG, and while I'm not normally one to tempt fate, the all steel construction of the Jericho seems to suggest that it could work.