Add bayonet to 223

Ah Naliolith, didn't realize this one was new in the search results!

How hard is it to get the new fsb on a 7.62, will it affect my current 14x1 thread pattern on the first 1 inch of the barrel, how good is the ak74 break and can it be fired with a 7.62 round without modding?

Last, is there another easy way to put on a lug?

How hard is it to get the new fsb on a 7.62 You just knock out the two pins holding your FSB on, and switch 'em out.

will it affect my current 14x1 thread pattern on the first 1 inch of the barrel It'll slip right over what you have now.

how good is the ak74 break and can it be fired with a 7.62 round without modding? An accurate US made copy of an AK74 brake will reduce recoil greatly. Most all US made brakes are bored for the 7.62 round and can be used for .223 or 5.45x39 rifles, as well.

Last, is there another easy way to put on a lug? Aside from replacing the FSB? You'd need to buy a milsurp gas block that has the bayo lug on it, remove your existing FSB and GB and replace them.

The AK74 muzzle brake works with the bayo lug on the FSB to support a bayonet.

The gas block bayonet lug only supports a bayonet with the slant brake or muzzle nut, such as is found on the AKM.

I want to add a bayonet to my saiga 223. How difficult/easy would this be and what parts should i get?

(If I were you, I would consider adapting the bayonet pictured below to fit your Saiga... ;>)

post-3931-1231016755_thumb.jpg

(Or you could thread the muzzle 9/16x24RH, mount a shortened [aft end] L1A1 flash suppressor - the bayonet lug is part of the flash suppressor - & use an L1A1 bayonet, assuming the chain saw doesn't look right for you... ;>)

Edited by Bad Bob