Pics of my new "cut the dang tang" ACE Folder

Well here it is, just wanted to share, the new "tangless" adapter from ACE is one fine piece of engineering. Now I just need a front sight, and one of those nifty flash hiders, oh and some 8 round mags that dont cost $100+ Dollars

JBONE :super:

100_0381.jpg

100_0375.jpg

100_0374.jpg

100_0373.jpg

You can adjust the location on the folder up and down by about 1/2". I set my tangless ACE folder to the lowest setting and it clears the charging handle on the bolt and does not interfere with mag changes or the trigger. FYI - if you move it higher... you will have a very difficult time getting a sight picture on the iron sights... as well as problems with the charging handle.

Definitely consider a BlackJack extended selector as it is difficult to reach if you plan on doing a lot of shooting with the stock folded. Personally... I don't really shoot it with the stock folded... so I haven't opted for the $30 selector - yet.

Edited by RDSWriter

I used a dremel cut off wheel to cut the tang, and then cleaned it up on my bench grinder. It is supposed to be flush with the rear of the reciever. The adapter slides underneath the rear trunion and the pistol grip nut hold it on the bottom, a screw hold it in the other stock hole that you dont hack off. The pistol grip is the SAW grip from Tapco.

JBONE