Alright, did I get this correct?

Tom at Cadiz Gun Works is converting my S12. I have purchased everything and shipped it directly to him except for the entire buttstock section. I'm sure I'm probably getting lower on his conversion list so I better hurry and get everything ordered and sent to him asap. Here's what I'm looking to have...

A side folding (to the left) adjustable recoil reducing tube with a decent looking stock.

So here's what I came up with after many searches on the S12 forums. I ran into tons of information regarding the following products as it has been discussed many of times but in many different combinations. I just want to make sure I have everything correct before ordering the following items and shipping it over to Tom.

Magpul CTR Stock

Magpul_CTR.jpg

Enidine Shot Shock Tube

Enidine.jpg

ACE AK Internal Receiver Block

ACE_AKRBC.jpg

ACE Folding Mechanism w/Integrated AR15 Stock Interface

ACE_FSMAR.jpg

Is everything going to match up together (with a little gunsmithing on Toms part)? Please feel free to mention a better way for me to have the Magpul CTR and the Enidine Shot Shock and having them fold to the left.

They make two versions of the magpul and the Enidine, a Mil and a Comm. There is just a small difference in size between the two. Make sure you match the two. Other than that you should be good to go. I'm settinng up a similar system for the wife to use. They didn't make the integrated hinge when I ordered my parts. Now I'm jealous.

Looks like you're going to have the same stock set up I chose. Nice!

How well does this setup work? Is it worth the extra money for the Enidine? Does it add a lot of weight compared to a standard buffer tube? Would you buy it again?

K.C., make sure you can find the internal receiver block--I have bought all the parts like yours except for substituting the ACE pignose adaptor instead of the folding adaptor. I'm still waiting on the ACE receiver block--have been waiting 2 1/2 weeks and called them yesterday. They said they would call back with the availability and order status and never did. I can't find any other vendor that has the block in stock.

Parf, I installed the Enidine tube inside my Vltor collapsible stock, and it is quite a bit heavier than the stock aluminum buffer tube. But I like the extra weight--in my opinion, it will help the balance of the shotgun. Once I complete the installation, I'll report on recoil reduction of the system.

How well does this setup work? Is it worth the extra money for the Enidine? Does it add a lot of weight compared to a standard buffer tube? Would you buy it again?

I should have my shotgun back tomorrow (if I don't miss the damn Fedex truck). I'll post a report when I get it. The Enidine is heavier than a standard tube, but I don't think it's enough to be a hindrance.

Stay far far away from www.botachtactical.com

They suck big wind....

Great prices.. but if they don't have something in stock, they will replace it with out asking... if they even bother to process the order...

Customer service is a freaking joke...

• 4 weeks later...

I want this stock on my Saiga 12 as well but I have a few questions.

1)Does anyone have a photo of the ACE internal receiver block installed? Would like to know how hard it is to DIY (I will be able to install pistol grip and move trigger group forward)

2)Is this the preferred method for installing a folder (correct angle?) or does it make more sense to have a plate welded? (Tromix style)

3)I read that the buffer tube may induce FTE. Is there a tube available without a buffer?

I have been reading this forum for days and I must admit I am a little confused with all the parts/options available so I just want to make sure I get it right the first time.

Just wanted to say thanks as this forum pushed me over the edge and I will receive my first Saiga next week!!!!!!!!

Roger that on the mil. spec for both the stock and shock tube.

But great minds think alike!

:secret_smile:

Post some pics when you get it back. Looks like it will be a nice setup.

Greg