Outstanding video, though I have seen it already, anyone should watch it in it's entirety every time.

I'll post up a youtube link if I can find it again, I think he officer puts in his input of when and what the video was made for.

Okay, I was unable to find the link I remembered, BUT, I did find another video that helps show that the media lies even more about the POWER of the round fired. General warning, it's not as accurate or well put together as the first, and some of the info is a little jumbled, but it still gets the point across.

Edited by Markius Fox

This what your looking for?

Heres my favorite:-) I love the return of the empire theme...

Awww... never mind they disabled the sound... it WAS good...

Looks like he might have made this one too...

I hate this woman with a intense passion I cannot properly describe in words...

It is but it isn't nailbomb, I remembered the description had something from the Officer in the video.

Anyway, good videos, especially the one that talks about the definition of an Assault Rifle. I'll stick with the US Army's definition, not some bureaucratic dumb ass who can't tell the difference between a Semi-auto pistol and a submachine gun.

It is but it isn't nailbomb, I remembered the description had something from the Officer in the video.

Anyway, good videos, especially the one that talks about the definition of an Assault Rifle. I'll stick with the US Army's definition, not some bureaucratic dumb ass who can't tell the difference between a Semi-auto pistol and a submachine gun.

Awww... thought i had it pegged... oh well

I've seen this before, and showed it to my sister (who is not anti-gun, but is/was afraid of "evil looking" guns, and thought everything I own is a machine gun and/or illegal because of how it looked). She was pretty shocked when she saw it.

The video's point is common knowledge for most gun owners. But I think it does a good job of getting the point across to someone that has a preconceived notion on what a semi-auto AK, AR, Mini 14/30 etc, really is, and more importantly, what it is not.

An ethical cop with good common sense and a respect for citizen's rights..? Now all he has to do is breed himself into a population majority. Everybody offer up your wives and girlfriends for insemination if you love your freedom. B)

Sounds like you dont know much about cops. You prolly assumed that police officers are always out to take your guns away, buts its not true. They do try to get them away from felons and people who use them in bad ways, but not the law biding types. If you have been on any police forums recently, you would see how the majority of the law enforcement community is very concerned about the up coming assault on our 2nd amendment rights. Most police officers and least ones employed by the state and local governments are very pro 2nd amendment. Infact, most voted republican this last election and even a few supported Ron Paul. I cannot speak for the BATF agents. They are of a different breed.

An ethical cop with good common sense and a respect for citizen's rights..? Now all he has to do is breed himself into a population majority. Everybody offer up your wives and girlfriends for insemination if you love your freedom. B)

Sounds like you dont know much about cops. You prolly assumed that police officers are always out to take your guns away, buts its not true. They do try to get them away from felons and people who use them in bad ways, but not the law biding types. If you have been on any police forums recently, you would see how the majority of the law enforcement community is very concerned about the up coming assault on our 2nd amendment rights. Most police officers and least ones employed by the state and local governments are very pro 2nd amendment. Infact, most voted republican this last election and even a few supported Ron Paul. I cannot speak for the BATF agents. They are of a different breed.

You must not be acquainted with Kalifornia kops. The popos you describe sound like some kind of bizarro version of mine.

They might want to help protect guns, but i question that as a common opinion of most of them. Maybe its just the ones around here, but i don't think highly of them at all, i think they're more concerned with what they can get.

But maybe thats just NY in general, heres a quote off another forum from around spitzer time...

"The City of Oswego Republican gov't. , embroiled in scandal for the last 2 months. Mayor indited for soliciting sex from minor females. (He was the subject of DU conservative idiots several weeks ago) the police chief fired for having stolen merchandise (had a visit by the FBI).."

The media has a lot of attention on illinois right now, but NY politics are just as dirty.

Well you can question that all you want. I work in law enforcement and have made contact with officers from all over and 80% of the time they are pro self defense and pro 2nd amendment. In fact, its common conversation in most law enforcement circles. Many are outdoorsmen and gun owners. Here in Michigan, a large percentage of the CCW instructors are police officers or retired. Many of the authors in gun magazines are police officers. I recently bought a Gun & Ammo guide to personal defense special edition magazine and noticed that three out of four authors were law enforcement.

I however do not have much experience with California officers. I will say that California is one of the most liberal states in the country. Places like San Fransisco work more towards hiring women, minorities and gays then good cops in many cases. I could see it plausible that they would wash out some job candidates that owned and used firearms on a regular basis in the background portion of the hiring process. You will find that law enforcement officers in a given area tend to mirror the political climate, mainly because the city government will do its best to screen out applicants who's backgrounds are from a conservative family and lifestyle or vise versa. However, if you go to a place like Texas, where the culture is different, you will not even see the local sheriff's deputy flinch when he see's someone carrying a firearm, as long as its within the law. You go to Arizona, where its an open carry state and see police pass you all the time while you wear an exposed sidearm and not say a word to you, maybe just nod their heads as you pass. I know this because I have family there and have experienced it first hand.

Here in Michigan we are somewhat pro gun. But it depends on where you are in the state. I once had a local deputy sheriff approach me while I was target shooting up in the rural north because someone in the area complained about the noise. He walked up while I had my rifle in hand and was friendly the whole time. He didnt draw his weapon or give any loud commands. However, had I been in the city of Detroit, the individual responding would have been much more cautious, even if I were standing on my front lawn with it not threatening anyone. The city officer would rather be safe and go home alive then be shot dead. Besides when someone pulls out a rifle on their front lawn in the city they usually mean business. Common sense in that situation dictates that the responding officer use extreme caution even if it offends someone.

The point im trying to make is, not all law enforcement officers are out to get you as along as you are following the law and most of them understand the value of self defense with a firearm because they rely on weapons just as much if not more then the average person to keep them alive and to save lives. I think often many gun owners get their experiences confused when they have contact with the police. Even though that officer may support the private citizen's right to own and carry a weapon, they will not take any chances with their safety. Many gun owners think that if the officer takes steps to protect himself during the contact with an armed citizen that may seem aggressive so they respond with "he hates me because I have a gun and is just out to get me". That is simply not true. I am very pro gun, but I will not lower my guard when dealing with someone just because I am afraid to offend them. I will do my best to be polite and explain to the person my reasons for my actions, but I usually do not know the person I am dealing with, have just met them and do not know what they are capable of. Most police officers that are killed are usually lax when dealing with someone of the streets. In case after case we see the same thing happen. And now with in car video systems we are able to analyze what happened and its usually and officer not paying attention or someone who does not take the necessary steps to protect himself because he was afraid to offend. I specifically recall the case of a southern deputy who was killed by a Vietnam vet who was a law biding citizen until that point and was lawfully carrying a rifle in his truck. The deputy hesitated way too long and said more "yes sirs" then anything trying to be polite and he his now dead. Police officers are shown multiple videos like this in the course of their training and do not forget it. Sorry about the long drawn out response, but I try my best to help people out when they are dealing with a law enforcement officer by giving our perspective.

Just remember when dealing with a law enforcement officer, do your best to diffuse the situation. Whenever I am stopped by the police I make sure my hands our visible and have my interior light on so he can see in the car at night. Just try to put yourself in their shoes and it will help. No one seems to do that. I know there are some officers out there who are rude and disrespectful and do not like guns, but as long as their are humans working the police force its gonna happen.

Edited by Stylishxone767