Is this the correct way to make angle for TROMIX folder?

How necessary is this for installing an internal ACE block?

If I should do it, the photo above looks like it's just a 90-degree angle to the bottom of the receiver, but what's the "2-degree" angle? I'd have to do this with hand tools and a dremel, is this even worth the effort for amateurs, or am I more likely to screw it up?

• 4 months later...

Its really, personal taste and how the stock will sit, I prefer an 2 deg angle on my guns.. but its your own personal Choice.. I know some customers dont like the cut.. and Ace block and most other now have there own.. cant on there blocks.. and your receiver is the only thing that gets an angle ,, so your stock would be 90 deg off your plate regardless how much you cut in ... so if you set your gun down and just mock it up you probably can get an idea how its going to look.

Its really, personal taste and how the stock will sit, ... so if you set your gun down and just mock it up you probably can get an idea how its going to look.

Correct. 2-3 degrees is how Tony does it, suit your own taste by all means.

Its really, personal taste and how the stock will sit, I prefer an 2 deg angle on my guns.. but its your own personal Choice.. I know some customers dont like the cut.. and Ace block and most other now have there own.. cant on there blocks.. and your receiver is the only thing that gets an angle ,, so your stock would be 90 deg off your plate regardless how much you cut in ... so if you set your gun down and just mock it up you probably can get an idea how its going to look.

Thanks, thats what i figured that it was a preference on stock placement but figured i better ask to make sure it isn't necessary to clear the carrier or something i don't know about since i don't know much yet...

Edited by lvjeffro

It's a matter of personal taste.

If you want your buffer tube parallel to the barrel, leave the angle alone. If you want more drop, cut the angle as shown above.... just be forewarned that if you run an M4 style telescoping stock your gun will look droopy and IMHO slightly retarded.

The angle works GREAT with Tromix stocks and Ace skeleton units, though!