Flash hider for factory threaded S12

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....Johnny and Wintermute, how much does it actually cut down on the flash (from shooting----we all know it makes the gun a bit more flashy :eek: ). And this thing threads onto the factory choke threads? I'm very very close to being sold (and having the money).....

Id say it cuts cuts flash by 50-75%. The bigger the load the better you can tell. There are some people here who have them and Id be interested to know if theyve tested theirs at night against a shotty without one as I have.

Yes, you can get a version that fits factory threads.

• 2 weeks later...
I want one....

but can I get it without the serrated sternum smoker?

the serrated forehead core sample taker is the best part about it...

i shot a night match a few weeks ago with mine and although i didn't remove it to compare, i knew what kind of flame this 18" barrel belches normally at night and i must say there was a noticable difference...it does make a significant difference.

worth every penny i paid for it...and it's unique, gets alot of attention at the matches.....hell the whole gun does....

I would like to get one for my conversion. Dumb question here, but I have a non-threaded barrel, is the tap you have for non-threaded barrels? I would like to buy the FH and rent the tap to put the threads on the OD of the barrel after I take a few inches off of it, is this possible?

Edited by mopeman
So....Johnny and Wintermute, how much does it actually cut down on the flash (from shooting----we all know it makes the gun a bit more flashy  :eek: ).  And this thing threads onto the factory choke threads?  I'm very very close to being sold (and having the money).....

Id say it cuts cuts flash by 50-75%. The bigger the load the better you can tell. There are some people here who have them and Id be interested to know if theyve tested theirs at night against a shotty without one as I have.

Yes, you can get a version that fits factory threads.

Pics Pics Pics! :killer:

post-3-1109793153_thumb.jpg

Can I have no serrated front. Have it threaded like wintermutes for standard Saiga threaded S-12, and maybe no lines around circumfrence like phantoms??

all flat...it's a shame...but i'm Krylon Black BBQ painting this too :unsure:

sorry to cover up your handy work....but i want it to all match finish wise...and i can't afford Duracoat right now.....

And I'll still give you props whenever I post pics :angel:

Johnny? Would the cost be any less on that un-finished FH?

I would like to get one for my conversion. Dumb question here, but I have a non-threaded barrel, is the tap you have for non-threaded barrels? I would like to buy the FH and rent the tap to put the threads on the OD of the barrel after I take a few inches off of it, is this possible?

Yes the die and guide is for non threaded barrels. There are a handful of guys that have threaded their own.

Can I have no serrated front. Have it threaded like wintermutes for standard Saiga threaded S-12, and maybe no lines around circumfrence like phantoms??

all flat...it's a shame...but i'm Krylon Black BBQ painting this too :unsure:

sorry to cover up your handy work....but i want it to all match finish wise...and i can't afford Duracoat right now.....

And I'll still give you props whenever I post pics :angel:

Johnny? Would the cost be any less on that un-finished FH?

No serrations, no lines, no paint will do for $50. I could go cheaper if I didnt have to chase those bastard threads inside.

pm me your paypal addy johnny.....

now i like the 2 lines near base...i just think it would be to AR-ish? to have the "phantom/Izzy" type cuts in between tines on flash hider.....does that make any sense?

I guess the less busy/less perfect cutting the closer to russian look manufacture....so...flat kind of...i dunno

:rolleyes: i cant believe i'm telling this guy to not make it look as nice..sort of...whats wrong with me? :unsure:

i see that picture and i want one of those sternum scrapers on my FN tactical...shit! or even a Mossberg 590..

But my Saiga needs a semi gloss painted...flatter looking flash hider...???

guess it all depends on what floats your boat. i have 2 s12's so what i'm planning to do is make one up high speed with all the bells and whistles (us style sights, us bayo lug, "sternum scraper" :D flash suppressor, saw grip, etc) then the other will be more bare bones russian-style (russkie-style pistol grip, russkie front sight, russkie stock).

best of both worlds!

Hows it coming along?

I havnt even started on it yet. You have faith in me dodge dont you?

:devil:

Oh!

Totally man!

Enjoy you're weekend. I was just wondering.....maybe you coulda been a work-a-holic thats does work as fun....lol

i'm sure it'll be cool. I'll probably choose to use it over the full, and modified chokes too. :super: