psl/romak 3 parts kit

Hey all i have a psl/romak 3 parts kit and i also have a the proper receiver but im not sure if i have all the necessary parts can anyone give me a parts list or an exploded view of this beast im scratchin to put it togeather and have all the tools you would need ive worked on guns alot but have never really been inside a psl so any gurus i would greatly appreciate your help thanks in advance p.s. sorry bout grammar/ punctuation way too excited to type

not all the parts are used in a US legal PSL

What parts are NOT used in a legal PSL!?!?!? Or should I say... what parts will make it illegal??

I was under the impression that they were NEVER built in a full auto configuration. so what parts would be left over that are not legal to put into it?

:smoke:

not all the parts are used in a US legal PSL

What parts are NOT used in a legal PSL!?!?!? Or should I say... what parts will make it illegal??

I was under the impression that they were NEVER built in a full auto configuration. so what parts would be left over that are not legal to put into it?

:smoke:

They were never full auto, but they do include the safety sear (and the third hole is required for this).

Remember the PSL imports that got replaced a few years ago? They'd had their 3d hole welded.

You know, holes are evil in the eyes of the revenuers.

ok welll another question is does the bolt have a firinng pin return spring and if so mines gone or dead and how do i strip the bolt to replace it

There are no firing pin springs in the PSL.

Firing pin springs are only present where you find lawyers (i.e. commercial sector). None are found on the PSL or any other milspec AK.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Kalashnikovs (and their oversized big brother - the PSL) can be found here. This includes bolt teardown, if you insist.

well if theres no spring and the firing pin floats easily and freely then there is no reason to strip the bolt now is there i know i havent made alot of posts but i realy appreciate the help ive received in this forum since ive joined especialy Cobra 76 two you guys make this THE forum to be a member of! please continue the awesomness!! <( '-' )>

I have just figured out that i have no pins for pinning in the trunion to the receiver there looks to be two seperate through and through pins on the bottom and two 1/4 pins on top even with each other :cryss: where can i find these /will ak pins work

One doesn't use "pins".

Those holes are for rivets. No parts kit comes with those.

Find an AK build party near you and you can do it there.

Edited by nalioth
I have just figured out that i have no pins for pinning in the trunion to the receiver there looks to be two seperate through and through pins on the bottom and two 1/4 pins on top even with each other :cryss: where can i find these /will ak pins work

What you need is a rivet set, and the correct tools to work with them. You can buy rivets individually from some places and others offer kits already put together for specific AK variants.

Another option is to do a screw build. This doesn't take as many special tools. Doing a kit build is not really a job for someone with no experience. Saiga conversions are easy. Kit builds take a lot more skill and experience. It's a good idea to check around and try to find a "build party" somewhere within driving distance, and go there with your kit. You will be glad you did.

You should have two pins that are your hammer and trigger axis pins. Those are different. Check out the link nalioth posted to the gunsnet forums. I learned a lot about the Kalashnikov from there and other AK oriented sites before I ever came here and started learning everything I could about the Saiga.

well if theres no spring and the firing pin floats easily and freely then there is no reason to strip the bolt now is there i know i havent made alot of posts but i realy appreciate the help ive received in this forum since ive joined especialy Cobra 76 two you guys make this THE forum to be a member of! please continue the awesomness!! <( '-' )>

Why thank you sir! Much obliged! I am glad to be of help. How kind of you to recognize me here in public for it. I spend hours and hours helping people on this forum through PMs and don't get very much thanks that anyone can see here. Most of what people see of me in public, other than all the archived info I've posted, and the questions I answer in threads, are mostly shitstorms caused by people doing something they shouldn't be doing, and me having to confront them on it.....then me getting shat on for doing so....

I really do appreciate your recognition.

ok so i went to the smith today and he was a complete jerk as i have stated before i havent built a parts kit before and i dont claim to know everything but i figured at least a smith would be able to answer a few questions. Boy was i met with a suprise i went in to get the head spacing done i have never been insulted and ridiculed over something like this ever.....first i didnt realise the barrel needed to be riveted in but he claims they are pins i confronted him on this because i was told in this thread they are rivets. then i asked if he had the rivets to which he promptly replied nope...i pointed out his sign said full parts carrier ok my bad that was alittle mean :haha: after that i asked ih he would charge me to pin and space the barrel i was willing to put out the cash :dollar: that is when he started treating me like a terrorist saying if he pinned the barrel then he would have to charge me a huge royalty and then make me fill out the form again which was done for the receiver already and would have to sell me my gun again i called bs and left and i still dont know what i need to do so could someone please who has a romak 3 just send pictures of what the barrel trunion rivets look like inside their gun i would really appreciate it sorry bout grammar/punctuation just alittle steamed

If you live near Houston, Texas, you can bring it over and build it.

If you don't live around here, find a Kalashnikov build party in your area.

In the condition yours is in, it's a couple hours or less assembly time for an experienced builder. . .

No build parties? Send it off to a competent AK smith.

jigs?? sorry dont know off the top of my head what that is

Don't you have forms in your shop that you put work pieces in, for when you have to do the same operation each time?

jig: a device that holds a piece of machine work and guides the tools operating on it

See all kinds of jigs for AK type rifles at http://www.ak-builder.com