I'm so sick and tired of criminalistic shitbag pieces of trash. I got a call from my CC company asking me if I was in Texas making a $15000 purchase. I told them hell no! They told me, someone in Texas had attempted to use my card 5 times in the last three days.

Just about 15 minutes later, I got a call from Trans-Union telling me there had several attempts to open several accounts in my name. Fortunately, since I had the fraud protection plan, they were able to stop it.

F-in pieces of shit. I suffered no financial damage, but it is still a piss off. Cancel all of my cards, renew all my accounts, etc.........

sorry to hear that man :( a guy at work moved here from NY a year ago and his bank called him asking him if he moved back. When he said "no, why?" the bank told him someone has been taking $1 at a time at several locations electronically and he didn't even notice it on his statements, he was missing about $500 before the bank caught on, last I talked to him he was still in limbo with going through the fraud process so he doesn't lose money (because the bank doesn't want to lose money either)

It's a pisser alright! I have had my c.c. # stolen about 3 times with charges all over the world. They have caught it everytime but it leaves me out of a c.c. for a couple of weeks till they issue the new one. Worst deal I had was some low-life group that was forging checks by taking your account number and putting a phony name on it, then using a phony ID to write checks on my account all over town. When the merchant called in the account number they were always told it was good and check was covered. It took awhile to get that straightened out and it is stll not completely fixed. There is one Check Authenticaing firm that will not change my status so I can't write checks at any business that uses them. The bank wanted to change the accouint number but wan't interested in paying for new checks (both maual and computerized) to the tune of about $1,000. I wasn't either so here we are. Crooks suck!

Edited by 1911

Watch/ask about what your bank is going to do with your card rate. I had something like that happen except the purchases were in S. Africa. The bank cought it and contacted me, informed me that they would kill the old C.C. and re-issue a new one. What they didn't say was that the rate was going to be much higher since it was a NEW account. Bank of America Pr!cks.

Capital One sent me a notice that after reviewing their cards and rates they found it necessary to move the rate up to like 18% and cash withdrawal to 25% or so. When they are paying 2% to 2.4%, how is that possible? Doesn't really affect me because I am what is known as a deadbeat in the credit card business. I pay off the balance every month in full. They hate folks like me because they are paying me 1% cash back on purchases and never collect a dime of interest. :)

I had a situation about 5 (maybe) years ago, where someone supposedly opened an account in California with my SS# but a they didn't use my name. I kept getting calls from a "lawyer" who was hired by this bank. He was giving me the run-a-round, telling me I need to pay off $1900 that was charged on "my" account in Cali (I've never even left the East Coast in my 25 years of life).

I asked him how in the HELL could someone use my SS# and a different name to open an account. "Wouldn't something come up during any checks, being that the name and # don't match?". He had no answer. So I said that's the fault of the bank then.

After a couple more calls to try to get me to pay, I finally told him, until a uniformed law type shows up at my door, I'm done with this. He never called back.

It must have been some sort of scam for sure. Another funny thing was how no one in the "lawyers" office had a first name. EVERYONE was Mr. So-n-So, Mrs. So-n-So. It was just odd.

But the spooky thing was, this guy had every bit of info on me and my immediate family (also one of my Aunts), addresses, names, previous addresses, employment. :horror:

Capital One sent me a notice that after reviewing their cards and rates they found it necessary to move the rate up to like 18% and cash withdrawal to 25% or so. When they are paying 2% to 2.4%, how is that possible? Doesn't really affect me because I am what is known as a deadbeat in the credit card business. I pay off the balance every month in full. They hate folks like me because they are paying me 1% cash back on purchases and never collect a dime of interest. :)

I am a deadbeat, too.

The beauty of using a CC is that they do all my accounting for me FOR FREE.

I use their card, it saves me from having to carry around a bunch of cash, they send me a full accounting every month and I don't get charged a dime for it.

I LOVE MY CREDIT CARDS!

Of course, in order to USE the CC companies like this, you have to have the maturity and responsibility to handle credit.

Credit is like fire. When used recklessly, it can kill. However, when used intelligently and responsibly, it can propel a jumbo jet through the night at 40,000 feet, well above the turbulence below.

CC companies hate responsible people. That's why they call us "deadbeats."

I am definitely a deadbeat, but like 1911 said, it is a mjor inconvience waiting for the card. The thing that I do with Chase that really pisses them off, is my CC is a cash back rewards card. So every dime I spend I get anywhere from 1 to 3% cash back. So not only are they giving me cash for an account they never accrew interest on, I can buy a $250 cash back check for only $200 in cash back rewards! I love it.