"Best" US FCG for S-12 Conversion??

Oh... in case you want to get extra finicky while you are in there... read up here...

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/fcg.htm

and check out the rest of the INFO they have there... even though most of it is AK based, it will apply to a lot of aspects of the Saiga... not to mention its just good info to have....

:smoke:

hmm... let me link you to the nylon hole plugs...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=3440

I was skeptical... I went and bought them at lowes tonight.. holy shit... they LOOK like real rivets.. same color same size.. pop right in... looks sweet... I will get a pic for you too of mine with them installed...

*AAHHHHHH* now *THERE* is a VERY good question... and one DODGE will need to pay attention to!

I am glad you brought that up, dude... cause it IS important!!!

I am NOT USING a long retainer spring in this mod....

I actually have 2 "e clips" on the pins in the receiver. ( available at lowes for pocket change)

Normally I would recommend for CONVENIENCE... go with one of the shepherds crook retainer plates, available from blackjack, but I have a question that I will post separately in this same area.. see what kind of response we get from it...

only because of what I recall from the saiga conversion posts on the website...

Ahh, I see. E-clips sounds like the best choice to me. Not familiar with the shepherds crook tho. Does it slip over the saftety end and down into the grooves in the axles?

Wish you would've told me sooner :haha: , damn milling the grip nut was getting friggin old :killer:

Might have to switch mine to e-clips.

Thanks for the info.

shepherd crook replacement plates here...

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=238

and an E clip.... is well, just an E clip... hard to call it anything else...

they are at lowes in the same aisle almost the same drawers as the nylon hole plugs...

just a semicircular little clip... with a tab on the inside to make them look like a circular capital letter "E"

Edited by IndyArms

The nylon plugs do not go all the way thru... you will need in addition to those either the E clips, or the crook replacement plate. ( to hold the FCG pins in place)

OR...

use the binding post setup JUST like in the conversion webpage that I posted here... and the spring that came stock with the saiga. (to hold the FCG pins in place)

I've modified several G2 double hook FCG's to be drop ins on any "single hook" AK thus eliminating the need to modify the receiver, I have about 5-6 sets left.

I used some spare rivets and epoxied them in the holes with something similar to JB weld, I painted them with the bake-on gun kote first.

saigaAK.jpg