HELP with first build

I have made a decision on how I would like my first build to turn out. Just need some advice on putting the folding stock in the pic on my Saiga 12. If I use the ACE AK internal block listed below will the outcome produce an odd stock angle? It would be great if someone could post a pic using the ACE block on the Magpul CRT stock. I would like this project to be a DIY but would like to see how it would look prior to the build. The one in the pic was produced by E-TAC (bad a$$ btw)

I don't have access to a welder at this time but will consider a "Tromix" weld in plate if that's what it takes to get the stock angle right. Will the ACE internal block produce the same stock angle in this pic???????

post-16079-1234834848.jpg

Edited by DNF2005

Excuse me for asking but WHERE ARE YOU? Everytime I see these posts about how some guy wants to build a "Krink" or a SB, I'm thinking "Oh that guy must be LEO or Class 3". But if you are, you wouldn't be asking "newbie" questions. So what "Liberal" state are you at that allows you to have these toys? Please tell so I may consider it for my next "move".

Come to OK.

Tony and I are both ex-Cali.

+1!!! I grew up in L.A., and moved to the midwest 15 years ago - don't have ANY regrets. People have this warped idea that California is THE place to live :lolol: - they need to get out more often and see what else there is in this country. Many of my family left eastern OK (Wagoner through Chouteau area), and went west in the late 30's, and many have returned - the license plates say it all - "Oklahoma is OK" - beautiful country!

Sorry to get off topic!

a lot of the migration to Cal. in the 30's was to escape the" Dust Bowl"

I was born and raised in OK. moved to Tenn. in the early 70's.

In Tennessee you can own all NFA weapons.

One advantage Oklahoma has over Tennessee , 20 something years ago the people of Oklahoma got a law passed so no laws could take away the Citizens of Okla. right to own guns including NFA. if i remember correctlly.

In Tennessee we got a law passed that Forced the CLEO's to sign for NFA transfers unless you were a convicted Felon.

So there are quite a few state that are good for gun owners.

"Escape the Lib's, Live Free,do not walk , RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! GET THE HELL OUT OF Kalifornia."

Edited by pistol fixer

Not interested in building an SBR just want to know the pro/cons of putting a folding MagPul CRT stock on using an ACE internal block. That is really the only mod I would like to make. I do a fair amount of hunting and such so I am not a firearms noob just an AK/Saiga one. I live in Florida and could not be paid enough to move to CA.

Edited by DNF2005
  • 1 month later...

Back to his question... Does the Ace Block introduce an angle to the rear of the receiver resulting in the stock canting downward? I don't know but I thought it did. Now there are some new blocks out there aren't there?

Becuase of this very issue I sent both mine off to Nate at Firearms Sales for welded plates as I want my folders to remain in line with the top of the receiver.

Oh.. and I'm in Texas.. here if you don't have a gun when you get to the border, they give you one befor letting you in.