Agp Fully loaded with 3" Mag Buckshot

Hey all, I was here trying to figure out what mag I can use for home defense. All I have currently are 3 inch magnums 00 buckshot and I am wondering if I load it all the way down with 10 rounds and I ever have to use it will the mag break on me or am I better off sticking to the 5 rounder for reliability.

It's mixed reviews. The only safe ones for sure are the 5's and 8's due to less weight handling recoil. I have had customers that have no problems and some that broke instantly. Don't bet your life on something you have not tried out first.

Any weapon that you are using for protection should be tested and practiced many times so you can be sure it will work. If it is going to break, it will on the first few mags during practice.

Greg

Hey all, I was here trying to figure out what mag I can use for home defense. All I have currently are 3 inch magnums 00 buckshot and I am wondering if I load it all the way down with 10 rounds and I ever have to use it will the mag break on me or am I better off sticking to the 5 rounder for reliability.

Go out and shoot your shotgun with your mags and form your own opinions. I would never let my families' lives and mine depend on a recommendation from the internet. Go out and get to know your equipment and figure out if it is reliable or not. I bought a Springfield M1A and I heard everyone dog them about having bad extractors and whatnot and they also told be not to shoot old Surplus because it is not reliable. I have 1200 rounds through it with all 1200 rounds being surplus 7.62 Nato from 1966.

Once I get my Saiga back from CGW I will be going out with a 100 rounds of 3" 000 buckshot and test out the AGP and Taiwan magazines and also the Factory 5 rounders myself.

Edited by lipadj46
  • 1 month later...

I have broken two origional apg mags before the gen 2 came out by using 3" mag buckshot and slugs. I have not used these yet in the new gen 2's out of fear of the same thing happening. The recoil on the action is so fast hard hitting and viloent that the 10 rounders just snap and break. I would like to here reviews on the gen 2's if anyone has any experience. At 50$ a piece, I refuse to do it again for now.

It's mixed reviews. The only safe ones for sure are the 5's and 8's due to less weight handling recoil. I have had customers that have no problems and some that broke instantly. Don't bet your life on something you have not tried out first.

Any weapon that you are using for protection should be tested and practiced many times so you can be sure it will work. If it is going to break, it will on the first few mags during practice.

Greg

100% correct. I will only trust my life with a 8rd surefire mag.

I have broken two origional apg mags before the gen 2 came out by using 3" mag buckshot and slugs. I have not used these yet in the new gen 2's out of fear of the same thing happening. The recoil on the action is so fast hard hitting and viloent that the 10 rounders just snap and break. I would like to here reviews on the gen 2's if anyone has any experience. At 50$ a piece, I refuse to do it again for now.

On the gen 2 AGP mags, I think the only improvement is the slightly trimmed follower.